Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River Tubing  (Read 13709 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Vedder River Tubing
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »

How many lifeguards do you know that are on rivers? So what makes you an expert when it comes to rivers. I have rafted some of the toughest rivers in BC and have heard all the rules when it comes to rivers from EXPERTS. I have gone down class 4 rapids in a life jacket because I had to as to make sure I know what to do if a raft flips. I have also had a raft flip many times and lived in class 4 and class 5 rapids because I was taught what to do. I even went over a 10 foot waterfall ( which was actually fun after it was all over lol ) The advice you are giving people is inaccurate and I advice people reading this not to do as what he says. If you plan on going down a river please take a course put on by professionals such as Chilliwack River Rafting or Reo River Rafting.

People that want to live on the edge a better thrill is going down a river in a lifejacket and flippers. This should not be done without professionals who run the river in which you are going to run BUT its a thrill. I have kayaked, river rafted and gone down in lifejackets. This used to be my adrenaline rush sport before getting married. Since being married I have given up those sports because their is a risk involved that could result in death. Everytime you get on a river if its in a raft or just a lifejacket you are at the mercy of the river. Just remember that before going out. You dont think the river raft companies make you sign a waiver for nothing do you?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 06:40:12 PM »

If your going to die tubing, I would have a bucket of KFC for my last meal. :)

other than that I'd wear a wetsuit with my lifejacket
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »

I agree with BB wholeheartedly, not a good idea to be offering safety advice when you clearly ignored some basic safety yourself...and all your lifeguarding "skills" won't count for squat on a river.  I have not taken a drifting or rafting course myself but am comfortable on rivers and the ocean after being raised in a canoe :)   maybe i will look into it
.....still I would not venture out without a pfd, especially on the vedder...class3/4...that's nuts....in fact many times when wading I'll wear my 'sos'penders, if the current is at all unfriendly.  Too bad that android commercial isn't on anymore where that robot loses his arm....that would teach these reckless youth ;)  Some of you will remember it.

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 11:28:23 PM »

Too bad that android commercial isn't on anymore where that robot loses his arm....that would teach these reckless youth ;)  Some of you will remember it.

Hahahaha.. ya i remember that comercial... man i wanna go search the net for it now.....