Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stealth or dne  (Read 15562 times)

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
Re: 10 free Stealth Floats
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 07:17:23 PM »

i have a question, every time i use my stealth float, moisture and a little bit of water build up on the inside, is this a factory defect? its not cracked at all, i think it may be coming from the top, any one have any problems with theres?

Ditto. Now i am using the DNE float,cheaper and better ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 07:18:49 PM »

Yes Most of mine develope a little hole and water goes in them at the top

Sounds like a problem with quality control. I've switched over to DNE as well.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 08:33:43 PM »

I have herd and seen a far amount of these float devolope a hole in the top. It must have something to do when they do the molding of the float. You will notice a small piece of plastic that falls from the top when the hole developes. Once I saw this I decided to stick to my drennan and also the new dne.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 09:42:41 PM »

I still have my 20 gram drennen that got my first steel to till the rest of the year and plan on using it agian ;D

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »

We have had a few floats from the first batch that the plug in the top that seals the float has let go, if you have this happen to you return it to your dealer and we will replace it no problem.  I have also noticed some condensation in a couple of floats after extended use but the float still operates perfectly. Keep in mind as with any plastic clear float be it a Stealth or a Drennan if they get banged around repeatedly they can be broken so a little finesse is required while using them.

Fish with Stealth!
SFT

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 10:19:06 PM »

We have had a few floats from the first batch that the plug in the top that seals the float has let go, if you have this happen to you return it to your dealer and we will replace it no problem.  I have also noticed some condensation in a couple of floats after extended use but the float still operates perfectly. Keep in mind as with any plastic clear float be it a Stealth or a Drennan if they get banged around repeatedly they can be broken so a little finesse is required while using them.

Fish with Stealth!
SFT

I don't want to be mean, but I bought 6 of these, figured I would give them a chance.  All six either developed holes, or the  orange tip section on top broke rather easily.  You say you should fish with finesse to use these floats, well.....  To me that is a load of bunk.  If you have to set the hook, set it and set it hard.  I am not going to miss a fish because I was worried about breaking my float.  I shouldn't have to worry about that.  That is why I use balsa's and DNE's.  I have been using the same DNE float now for 6 trips.  It took me 2 trips to go through 6 of your Stealth floats.  Every one one of them BROKE.  Not very impressive at all.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 10:34:56 PM »

I am not going to miss a fish because I was worried about breaking my float.  I shouldn't have to worry about that.  That is why I use balsa's and DNE's.  I have been using the same DNE float now for 6 trips.  It took me 2 trips to go through 6 of your Stealth floats.  Every one one of them BROKE.  Not very impressive at all.

Well said Big Steel,now i switched to DNE and i dont have to worry anything and is way cheaper too ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:36:34 PM by BIG T »

glx

• I'm a llama!
Re: stealth or dne
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 11:10:57 PM »

Since when has it been all about the float.  Put time and thinking into reading water, presentation of your bait, lure, fly whatever.  It will improve your hookup rate more than any float will. 

4four

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 11:25:14 PM »

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2006, 02:19:00 AM »

Fishfreak

What I was implying is that there seems to be this trend where if you dont have a Drennan or a Steatlh or whatever, you wont catch fish?  Whatever happened to the old dink float?  I agree, whatever float you are using, it has to rigged and weighted properly.  Or if its broken, like Drennans and Stealths seem to do quite frequently, yes you have to change it.  Im saying that there are far more important factors than what type of float you are using. 

just an opinion, thats all

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2006, 03:13:29 AM »

I bought one stealth back 3 months ago, and it was crap from the start. It had a hole in the top that would fill with water and you would have to empty it frequently, not sure if this was the case for all. Also It was quite long, and i didnt really like how you had to use more weight to balance it nicely. Honestly I believe the dink float is the best bang for your buck, Its so simple and works nicely. My stealth is now in heavan after popping the hook off a spring, and the stealth smashing its frame on some rocks, Now lets see a dink float do that, nope not happening.
The Bigger The Better!

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2006, 06:50:23 AM »

The D&E Foam floats are way better then your regular dynk Floats and there cheap

how are they "way better"? just curious

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2006, 09:11:15 AM »

The D&E Foam floats are way better then your regular dynk Floats and there cheap

how are they "way better"? just curious

;D   he thinks the DNE floats make him  look like a better fisherman !!  that's also the reason he fishes with a pin now LMAO !! ;D

All kidding aside I like the DNE floats better than dink floats.. I find they travel mush nicer through the water, you can use a tiny tiny amount of weight and they still sit true, and they make almost no splash when they hit the water.. they are almost the same price as a dink flot so they are all I use now ... I did like the Stealth floats at first but after using them for a few trips I was having troubles with them.. I lost three while I was fighting fish; they just popped off the main line twp others I had just developed holes in them, I am a total DNE convert now!! Great Product !!!  :)
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2006, 09:42:33 AM »

IMO  the way the DNE float is designed, it sits better on the water as you drift but you have to have the right weight balance to achieve this.  

This is very interesting... I found the complete opposite was true when using the Dne's .. I drifted with 1/2 inch up to 1 1/4 inch with a 25 gram Dne and the float sat true with either weight

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard