Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stealth or dne  (Read 15558 times)

sliverbullet

stealth or dne
« on: October 04, 2006, 02:53:43 PM »

just wondering which one of the two you guys prefer ??

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: stealth or dne
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »

Well I bought 3 stealth floats and all have broke, Have never lost one but they all just broke, On 2 of them theres a hole in the top and water comes in, and the other one I casted and hit a rock and the top piece snapped off. Think im gonna switch to DNE
weeeeeeeeeow!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 03:09:07 PM »

Drennan ;D

There expensive but if you don't snag up much you don't lose many.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 03:14:18 PM »

I have both. The DNE appears to be better made. The Stealth is too big IMO. My preference is the DNE

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 03:16:06 PM »

Wow, that sucks about the stealths...was gonna put them in for a test but I guess ill stay with the DNE's..I will admit i like how they seem much softer on landing and float very well...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 03:27:08 PM »

Well I bought 3 stealth floats and all have broke, Have never lost one but they all just broke, On 2 of them theres a hole in the top and water comes in, and the other one I casted and hit a rock and the top piece snapped off. Think im gonna switch to DNE
If they was a hole in the top of them you should return them for a replacement. For hitting a rock and it broke that is not the float's fault, it was your casting ability. ;D ;D

I have used mine on several trips this season and they are performing well but then with the Maple Leaf logo on what would you expect. ;D ;D ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »

If they was a hole in the top of them you should return them for a replacement. For hitting a rock and it broke that is not the float's fault, it was your casting ability. ;D ;D

I have used mine on several trips this season and they are performing well but then with the Maple Leaf logo on what would you expect. ;D ;D ;D
I barely hit the rock, :-[
weeeeeeeeeow!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »

I have not tried the DNE but going to give them a shot this weekend. I like the Stealth as I tested it out last Sunday. The only issue I had with it was the splash it made in the water. Seems to big and bulky. The one thing I really like about it is how it is easy to control during a drift.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 04:52:28 PM »

DNE!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 05:32:31 PM »

I like the stealth for clear water, for sure, cheeper then drennans. I resently bought 2 dne float, tried them hlaf a day and hit freds to buy 6 more I relly really like them. I prefer the pink top, but freds had bright yellow and green only in the 30grams.

Stealth

• Steve Kaye Sportfishing
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 06:21:59 PM »

Hello Roe Kid

Please return the two floats with the holes in the tops back to the dealer where you purchased them we will replace them no problem as this hole is a defect. Fortunately this has been a minimal problem and the overwhelming majority of our floats have proved to be very durable for a clear plastic float. As for as bouncing them off rocks is concerned they will usually survive this as well but every thing has their limits.

BB2000 don’t understand the splash issue.  Personally I found them to splash much less than any regular foam float; maybe you are overpowering your cast with those big guns. The overall length does take some getting use to however if you look at the main body with out the collar ends the size is the same as a Drennen #3 the added length comes from the collar ends.

Btw send in some pictures for some free floats! Still looking for a winner for the 10 free floats.

Fish with Stealth
SFT

sliverbullet

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 06:49:02 PM »

hmm i found that the dne sits better in faster water i like the stealth for low and clear water

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 08:13:03 PM »

i used a 35gram dne and hated the way it sat, found a stealth float floating around all lonely ;D put it on and wow did it sit nice.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 09:58:11 PM »

I have to say after using both DNE and Stealth floats over the last few outings that I prefer the Stealth Floats !!
they look huge but they sit nicely in the water without a lot of weight, I found the Dne floats have a tendancy to lie on their side when they travel through rougher water whilt the Stealth stands nice and straight, I also liike the way they are fixed to your mainline, simple but effective !! I will probalby be fishing with stealth from now on !!  :)  Plus the only Hatchery Coho I have caught this year came while I had a Stealth Float on :)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 10:33:01 PM »

I found the Dne floats have a tendancy to lie on their side when they travel through rougher water

Might want to shorten up on the float, Rick.   ;D
President Club S. C. & P.