Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~Pitt River~~~  (Read 2946 times)

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
~~~Pitt River~~~
« on: February 27, 2005, 07:05:46 PM »

What a great day to be out on the water. The Randog Clan all piled into the Randojet for a little cruise up Pitt River to Pit Lake. We left the launch at the Port Mann bridge at 10:30 and by 11:30 I was chuckin' rolled muddlers for cutthroat at Raven creek. No luck there, so we settled in for a picnic on the beach. Mrs. Randog packed enough to feed an army. We sat around and soaked up the sun, saw some Bald Eagles, and losts of geese and ducks (I never seem to see that many in duck season?) We jumped back in the boat and zipped over to Douglas Island to do a little exploring, losts of neat old stuff in those old cabins, kinda' reminded me of the Blair witch project. Next weekend I'm headdin out for some sturgeon, I'll let you know the outcome.

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
Re: ~~~Pitt River~~~
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 09:21:46 PM »

I fished there monday fom the pitt river bridge to grant narrows we targeted Sturgeon not even one tap . A few bull heads trying to steal the roe sacks but no Sturgeon .

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 06:54:34 PM »

Hey Randog, you ever fished Red Slough at the top of the lake? We've done a fair bit up there but very little at Raven. Would be interested in swapping experiences. Drop me a line on email if interested.

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 08:08:04 PM »

canoed up to raven creek two years ago lol
i think my sons arms are still sore  ;D
caught me a nice fat dolly
nice place to be though
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY