Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hows Your Steelhead Season Been So Far?  (Read 8416 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Hows Your Steelhead Season Been So Far?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 12:47:07 PM »

Now thats a touchy subject   :'( :'( :'(

5 trips to the river 2 during the cold snap, 3 this week and I'm 0 for 3  :-\

Two were quick headshakes then gone and one was broken off due to frozen rod guides.
Actions speak louder than words.

silex

• VE7SL
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 03:29:17 PM »

Yes. Lost a Drennan but thankfully it was not the TML one as it had the toothpick Tom broken off in it ....

Toothpick in a Drennan! A thousand lashes with a wet dink (float that is)! I will give you some stoppers next time I see you....hope you're feeling better Chris.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 05:50:09 PM »

Yes. Lost a Drennan but thankfully it was not the TML one as it had the toothpick Tom broken off in it ....

Toothpick in a Drennan! A thousand lashes with a wet dink (float that is)! I will give you some stoppers next time I see you....hope you're feeling better Chris.

Yes I know I should be using them but the Master has just started using them, slow learners we are. ;D

Bantam_50

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 07:38:20 PM »

`Bantam,  id like to know if ya found me???  how did ya do it or should i say   who blabbed??? lol    anyways  PM me    also   no need to tell anyone else as it will get out of hand

`Bantam,  id like to know if ya found me???  how did ya do it or should i say   who blabbed??? lol    anyways  PM me    also   no need to tell anyone else as it will get out of hand

Hmmm  ;D...now was it my hounds keen nose that finally picked up the steelie blood trail you've unawaringly left behind. :-\ Or was it that loose lipped one who stated right off, "you realize I'm gonna have to kill you at the end of the day."   :o  Although... it is well known, a picture is worth a thousand words.  :P

I believe to side with caution here... I'll have to take the cowards way out and plead the fifth.  8)

Be on the flow Sunday...early bird style.  ;)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 10:40:05 PM »

6 trips, 5 hookups, 1 landed.  First there was the freeze, then the flood, and now no water. plus the festivities of the Chinese New Year.  Wife is already asking why steelhead sushi is so late this year.  ;D

Well, March is always my golden month for an afternoon guy like me.  Keep the hope alive.  ;)