Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471019 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Went back out this morning with only a spinning rod and left the roe box at home because that seems to be all I am getting my fish on right now, spoons. Flipped and retrieved a spoon in pockets of slow water where fish seem to be hiding right now. I managed to miss four, lost one and killed two hatchery fish. Two of the fish hooked actually came to the surface and grabbed the spoon when I was almost done with the retrieve. Fish were not bundling together like they did before the water came up. Instead I was finding one or two fish at each spot, and usually the bite happened on the first half a dozen casts as expected with a spoon. Water is looking good, only dropped a bit since last night.

bluenoser

Hey Rod do you run braid right to your lure or transition to a leader...couldn't tell.

BN

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

We hit it early today and good fresh roe was the ticket. Also jigs worked extremely well.

Put on a fishing clinic today while the rest of us just watched his float going down.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Put on a fishing clinic today while the rest of us just watched his float going down.

If you're watching his float instead of yours, then of course he'd be catching all the fish.... ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Hey Rod do you run braid right to your lure or transition to a leader...couldn't tell.

BN

Main line is PowerPro 15lb, and I tie 12lb test Maxima Ultragreen to the end, around 4 or 5 feet of it before the lure.

TheLostSockeye

If you're watching his float instead of yours, then of course he'd be catching all the fish.... ;D

I had all the luck today because of my blue jays hat I was wearing  ;)
Man were there every some nice Chrome chum does. Of course after we had limited on them haha

ali2pali

Fished this morning until around 11 a.m.  Water clarity is good at 3.5-4ft (at least where I was) and a nice deep green color.

dobrolub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESIwOYSo9aA
Saw this young lad fish today. He knows his stuff for sure – landed the only coho I saw landed today. He got into quite a few chum as well.

SilverChaser

I had all the luck today because of my blue jays hat I was wearing  ;)
Whats the difference between my Blue Jays hat and yours?  ;)

Fished for the last 1.5 hours after school but nil again. Peach was super busy... looks like the blowout added some flow to the little side channel again.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

243Pete

It was a pretty good day, a few coho were sitting in less than a foot of water so it made it pretty funny to see a coho swimming less than 3 feet away from my feet.  :o Hooked into only one coho but lost it quickly at the shore, one guy below at the tail out of the run got a nice hatch so congrats to him! ;D Chum are everywhere still, my buddy got a nice little doe and I hooked a couple of them... didn't land a thing today. ;D
Good chat this morning with a couple guys who fished the same run, everyone was enjoying that cold November wind right down to the half frozen finger tips.  ;)
Left shortly after 10, went to Chehalis and saw and hooked nothing, my buddy was the only one who got a nice coho floating a jig today. But over all it was a good day, more hiking than landing fish today but oh well, that is the name of the game sometimes. :)

Old Blue

It was a pretty good day, a few coho were sitting in less than a foot of water so it made it pretty funny to see a coho swimming less than 3 feet away from my feet.  :o Hooked into only one coho but lost it quickly at the shore, one guy below at the tail out of the run got a nice hatch so congrats to him! ;D Chum are everywhere still, my buddy got a nice little doe and I hooked a couple of them... didn't land a thing today. ;D
Good chat this morning with a couple guys who fished the same run, everyone was enjoying that cold November wind right down to the half frozen finger tips.  ;)
Left shortly after 10, went to Chehalis and saw and hooked nothing, my buddy was the only one who got a nice coho floating a jig today. But over all it was a good day, more hiking than landing fish today but oh well, that is the name of the game sometimes. :)

Sure was chilly, only that one wild to hand and I left shortly after you did and hit the upper.  No sign of coho but walked a few doggies and battled a couple springs (one was in great shape).  I then hit the lower and nothing was showing itself so went back to mid-river for the last of the day and had a few dips in the first 10 casts and then nada.  Nice talking with you Pete.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was pleased to land a hatchery hen coho 4 to 5 pounds and also a fresh run doe chum today, made up for yesterday's blank.

Fished a lawn chair out of the river bed too, a few floats and of course a few tins and bottles to pay for today's coffee. ;D

TheLostSockeye

Was pleased to land a hatchery hen coho 4 to 5 pounds and also a fresh run doe chum today, made up for yesterday's blank.

Fished a lawn chair out of the river bed too, a few floats and of course a few tins and bottles to pay for today's coffee. ;D

Didn't see you today where were ya?

Filmed a disgraceful video yesterday at the slab on the upper river.

" Sorry about my commentary I was really pissed at this guy because he hooked a hatch coho in the belly and literally dragged it 12 feet up on shore to get the hook out. He was going to bonk if I hadn't said anything. "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ppBPiwAx8

farky

Pathetic , just like the guys at the lickman parking lot hole . although that is cast rip, rip, rip, rip, cast and repeat

milo

• Old Timer

Pathetic , just like the guys at the lickman parking lot hole . although that is cast rip, rip, rip, rip, cast and repeat

Just like some heroes I know who put roe on their hooks and fish the same water in exactly the same way and pretend the fish took their roe.  Cast enough times into a coho travelling lane and you are bound to hook some sooner or later, some of them even in the mouth. Awesome.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:13:13 PM by milo »