Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg Info?  (Read 1873 times)

SNapz

Peg Leg Info?
« on: September 15, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »

Hi,

I was planning on heading out to Peg Leg tomorrow with a few friends but I have a couple of quick questions.

Do you need waders to get to the Peg Leg Bar or is it fishable without them?

What is the method most people use for fishing pinks there?

Thanks in advance!

marooned

Re: Peg Leg Info?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:32:19 PM »

wow, simply incredible

108 views and not a single reply

what kind of forum is this?

Not like peg leg is a big secret or anything...

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »

Nope no waders are needed, and the standard rig is 20 foot leader and 5/0 hook with some pink on it and your good to go  :)!

Sinaran

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 10:22:34 PM »

I don't think u want to go to that place... u don't go fishing at peg leg, because flossing is the only method u would see people doing there.  I personally don't call those guys there Fishermen, most of them are beaks.  And those guys r the reason why the fraser was closed down last month.
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Sinaran

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 12:11:28 AM »

I don't think u want to go to that place... u don't go fishing at peg leg, because flossing is the only method u would see people doing there.  I personally don't call those guys there Fishermen, most of them are beaks.  And those guys r the reason why the fraser was closed down last month.

I beg to differ Sinaran :o Flossing is one of many methods of fishing used at Peg Leg. On a regular day you get fly fishers, spinner and lure tossers, bar fishers, drift fishers and boats pulling plugs. In fact Peg Leg probably has one of the most diverse group of fishing methods used I have seen in such a small area of any place I`ve ever been.

Cheers
Nuggy
yup nuggy, my apology. I must add that those fishing on the upper and lower ends are mostly bar-fishermen, and some fly fishermen can be seen even nowadays at the portion where the current is slower. 
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!