Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm voting for...

Liberal
NDP
Others

Author Topic: BC Election - Who ya gonna vote for?  (Read 67055 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: BC Election - Who ya gonna vote for?
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »

not the liberals......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPuJfbS2qMY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fhome%2Ephp&feature=player_embedded

How can anyone take seriously a Video that's entire purpose is to say how bad it is and will be with the Liberals and at the same time say nothing about what GOOD they will do if elected... I hate party bashing !!! I hate fear mongering !!! everything is what if ??? just an attempt to scare people into voting for their party.... Damn I hate politics, I hate politicians!!!
I am starting to really hate living in such a retarded Province in a Retarded Country that can't get it's head out of its my friend !!!!

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2009, 10:44:56 AM »

not the liberals......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPuJfbS2qMY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fhome%2Ephp&feature=player_embedded

How can anyone take seriously a Video that's entire purpose is to say how bad it is and will be with the Liberals and at the same time say nothing about what GOOD they will do if elected... I hate party bashing !!! I hate fear mongering !!! everything is what if ??? just an attempt to scare people into voting for their party.... Damn I hate politics, I hate politicians!!!
I am starting to really hate living in such a retarded Province in a Retarded Country that can't get it's head out of its *** !!!!

TH
Don't get discourgered as the democratic process we have here in BC and Canada sure beats the governments of many other countries in the world.

The freedom we have because of this demoracy lets us discuss freely different policies of different parties and to me that is good. From what is said and posted on forums like this we all can draw our own conclusion on who we wish to support and vote for. To me the important thing is to exercise your franchise on the 12th and no matter who forms a majority in the next government in British Columbia it still will be the best place on the earth to live.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:09:16 PM by chris gadsden »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2009, 11:30:36 AM »

[/quote]Don't get discourgered as the democratic process we have here in BC and Canada sure beats the governments of many other countries in the world.

To me the important thing is to exercise your franchise on the 12th and no matter who forms a majority in the next government in British Columbia it still will be the best place on the earth to live.
[/quote]

Agreed 100% !!!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Morty

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2009, 11:49:41 AM »

I'm voting for wild salmon
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »

Another reason you don't want to vote NDP.......

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090501/BC_beer_price_NDP_090501/20090501/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

NDP election promises could add as much as $3 to the cost of a six-pack of beer, say independent liquor stores. May 1st, 2009.
NDP promises could add $3 to cost of B.C. beer

British Columbia's independent liquor stores say the NDP's election promises could lead to higher beer prices in the province, potentially pushing the price of a six-pack up by $3 a case.

The warning comes from The Alliance of Beverage Licensees (Able BC) which speaks for 676 independent liquor stores in B.C.

Able BC is concerned because the NDP is promising to reduce the discount that independent liquor stores receive when they purchase alcohol from the government to 10 per cent from 16 per cent below the retail price.

This 37.5 per cent reduction in our discount, when added to the other cost increases in the NDP platform -- including a hike in the minimum wage -- would put many of our members out of business, Able B.C. warns.

Able BC Executive Director Kim Haakstad said those cost pressures would prompt liquor stores to either layoff staff or push higher costs onto the consumer.

She estimates that the price of a six-pack of beer could jump to $15 from $12.

"These are small family-owned businesses operating in every community across the province,'' she said.

Haakstad said hotels in many parts of rural B.C. use their liquor stores as a way to subsidize the cost of their operations. Some hotels have over 100 people on the payroll.  "These are jobs that B.C. can't afford to lose,'' she said.

Now this is serious stuff!!
:o
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »

The carbon tax will cost us a lot more as I will show below. I have yet to see how the carbon tax really helps control greenhouse gas as I donot think it prevents many of us from driving. Does it you? Besides the cost of gas varies it seems every week by a dime or so as we are gouged by the fuel companies.

The government also is putting millions of dollars into new Gateway projects like the new Port Mann Bridge to make communting by car easier. If we want to cut down the use of cars on our roads that are producing greenhouse gas should not the government be building more rapid transit methods of travel to get help get these vehicles off the road. Saying this, of course I believe in cutting down on pollution of any type but I donot see how this tax helps. Maybe someone can tell me as maybe I am missing a very simple explanation.

Here is the breakdown costs you pay and I will be paying on the carbon tax if not axed by the NDP. You I think will see this Liberal tax costs us a lot more than a $3 rise in the cost of a case beer if it is indeed brought in.

The carbon gas tax we pay on gas is now 2.34 cents a litre, on July 1 this year it goes to 3.51, 2010 to 4.68, 2011 it is 5.85 and on July 1, 2012 it caps off at 7.02 cents.

Then there is the tax on natural gas that many of us heat our house with. It is presently 1.90 cents a cubic metre or per GJ and it rises each July to 5.70 cents by 2012 so we now look at a total tax of 12.72 cents on these two gases we can not do without.

Just my 2 cents on this topic. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »

Here's my .02  The NDP says they will axe the carbon tax. Good for them. They will turn around and tax big corporation such as oil companies. Companies won't sit around and just absorb the tax as a mean of doing business. They will pass the tax onto the consumers like you and me. Damn if you do and damn if you don't. :( :(

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

In response to the above "beer tax" , the private stores were passed an additional 6% discount on the products purchased from the LDB, as well as the 10% they were already given. I listened to Bruce Cran of the Consumers Association Of Canada the radio and statistically there was very few establishments that passed any of that on to the consumer, as was allegedly the intention of the additional cut. All of the rural agency stores, usually based in the Mom and Pop convenience stores receive 10%. Hardly level. I realize this may be an unpopular stance, but the "sin" taxes get my vote any day over taxes that affect people heating their homes and getting around up north as a Prius won't cut it if you live in a rural area except on the coast. If you want to save money on your liquor purchases, go to a government store. You save up to 30% and add to the tax coffers.  Sounds like a winning situation to me. But if you choose to go for convenience, head to the cold beer store and just pay for it. Kind of like buying milk at the gas station or Superstore.
http://

huntwriter

• Othmar Vohringer Outdoors
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2009, 06:44:48 PM »

Another reason you don't want to vote NDP.......

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090501/BC_beer_price_NDP_090501/20090501/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

NDP election promises could add as much as $3 to the cost of a six-pack of beer, say independent liquor stores. May 1st, 2009.
NDP promises could add $3 to cost of B.C. beer

British Columbia's independent liquor stores say the NDP's election promises could lead to higher beer prices in the province, potentially pushing the price of a six-pack up by $3 a case.

The warning comes from The Alliance of Beverage Licensees (Able BC) which speaks for 676 independent liquor stores in B.C.

Able BC is concerned because the NDP is promising to reduce the discount that independent liquor stores receive when they purchase alcohol from the government to 10 per cent from 16 per cent below the retail price.

This 37.5 per cent reduction in our discount, when added to the other cost increases in the NDP platform -- including a hike in the minimum wage -- would put many of our members out of business, Able B.C. warns.

Able BC Executive Director Kim Haakstad said those cost pressures would prompt liquor stores to either layoff staff or push higher costs onto the consumer.

She estimates that the price of a six-pack of beer could jump to $15 from $12.

"These are small family-owned businesses operating in every community across the province,'' she said.

Haakstad said hotels in many parts of rural B.C. use their liquor stores as a way to subsidize the cost of their operations. Some hotels have over 100 people on the payroll.  "These are jobs that B.C. can't afford to lose,'' she said.

Now this is serious stuff!!
:o

That right there shows how stupid the NDP is. Why increase beer taxes? What's next? More tobacco tax? It's bad enough the liberals forced  carbon tax on us.  It seems no matter who we vote for they all want more of our money without doing anything in return for it.
Othmar Vohringer - Smart Hunting Strategies (SHS)
http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

Robert_G

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »

This election is a lose lose situation. It's sad that there isn't anyone that will be good for this province.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »

On tonight's (5pm) tv debate I thought Carol James was very poised & she also looked very confedient. She also did a good job attacking Cambell many times............ 1 hr was much too short a time for a debate nevertheless they all had time to share & all spoke well. Carol James did impress me the most. She would stop the sellout of our rivers...help wild salmon (fish farm lice) etc.... seniors schools hospitals ....... ABC

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2009, 11:12:34 PM »

And as usual Campbell would not answer questions directly when asked during tonight's debate. He just skirted around the subject like his party did during the last sitting of the house. Was not impressed, time to give some others a chance to govern.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2009, 07:58:59 AM »

Wow! I gotta admit, if sidestepping questions wasan Owelympiic sport, Mr. Campbell is a Gold medalist.The crack about "It's a big job and it's hard to get a handle on it" had Mrs. Novabonker change her vote, and she's the VP of a mining supply company.

My personal take was:
Campbell came across as arrogant and aloof and refused to answer questions put to him.
James needs to lose that silly grin- it detracted from a pretty good slapping she handed Campbell.
Sterk?  ::) Oh, my - WAY too far out to ever capture my vote.

It was hilarious to listen to the Liberals stacking the phone boards on the radio station afterwords. It just seemed so pathetic and obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells in functioning order.
http://

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »

Heading into the debate Gordon Campbell had the most to lose and Carol James the most to gain. It was clear that the game plan for the Liberals was not to make any major mistakes. James did her best to pin Campbell but was unable to score any direct hits. Remind me of the last federal debate in which Dion and Layton was ganging up on Harper.

bcguy

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »

I dont feel bad for the private liquor store owners at all...and I love my suds, they have been making money hand over foot for quite a while now.
When they had a chance to be competitive with govt stores...were they? They get a great deal on the booze form the liquor distribution board, pay their employees minumum wage, with probably minimal benefits (and medical doesnt count), but did any of them pass the savings on to the consumer? NNNOoooo.... aaand, I bet no one on this board has EVER seen a beer store sell a 6-pack for $12.00 as Able BC Executive Director Kim Haakstad states (this year anyhow), more like the price will go from $14.00 to $20.00...MMMmmm $20.00 six packs...can you say brew your own?
I for one will be glad when this election is over, I am sick of all the propagana spewing from the mouths of politicians and business people.
Its all just spins and lies.
I judge by what some one does, not says,...so we definately dont want to get into any of the previous campaign promises, you know like not expanding gambling...   
revenue...its the biggest govt addiction there is...
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB