Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm voting for...

Liberal
NDP
Others

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: BC Election - Who ya gonna vote for?  (Read 67045 times)

yamadirt 426

Re: BC Election - Who ya gonna vote for?
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2009, 07:37:46 AM »

bcguy I for one did like your post.... It tells me all his privatization is helping out alot of those connected with or indirectly with the gov. --------And more to come if he gets re-elected. ---------- The poll here at FWR is nearly double for the NDP over ABC ha... (anyone but Cambell... that's a good one Novabonker)................ Personally like the drawing they had of Cambell a few years ago.... long & longer nose...........  Anyone who wants to nail to the cross a toll of $136 per month average to each driver to go over the new Port Mann Bridge x 75000 veicles daily ...my guess... that is big bucks.... Will he keep us informed immeadiately when the toll will stop... or will the tolls continue for x number of years .... as it's a BIG MONEY GRAB for "someone"...... I don't trust liars when it comes to how they cut the money pie........................The face & eyes of Cambell tell me he cannot be trusted............................. Even though I'm a Christian ... maybe there's a party that will legalize pot.... so at least they can tax it. As it is now only the under world makes the money. ---- I do not smoke pot but have yrs ago.... smoking a few joints is no worst then having a few beers. Legalization of it as I say will bring in tax money plus free up alot of the police officers to fight real crime... not ot mention free up the cts. & jails. -------------------------------Legalization will also stop alot of murders where gangs are killing other gangs......& all the pot houses.....  Honesty fairness...legalize pot....no $4 tolls on bridges ...maybe $1 max. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ the end

Great Post.  ;D

deepcovehooker

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2009, 08:46:48 AM »

I don't believe that voting green is a wasted vote.  If everyone voted green who believed in saving the environment it would have an impact.  If they could garner up to 20% of the vote and elect a few members they could build on  that and move forward over future elections.  Come on give it a try.   ::)

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »

I don't believe that voting green is a wasted vote.  If everyone voted green who believed in saving the environment it would have an impact.  If they could garner up to 20% of the vote and elect a few members they could build on  that and move forward over future elections.  Come on give it a try.   ::)

Yup you are right.....too bad we don't have proportional representation.  We're behind on that as a nation, for sure.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »

I've been following this thread reading almost all of the posts and have been swayed to vote differently than I originally posted. I'll be voting Conservative.

Bhinky

« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2009, 07:57:01 AM »

Conservative.

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »

I received this from Alexandra Morton asking us all to contact our Liberal MLA.

Hello All:

The Federal government wants to know if Gordon Campbell intends to try and win back the right to regulate fish farms.

As it stands, Marine Harvest filed a “notice of appeal” and the Province joined in this appeal by  filing an “appearance”.   This is an ambiguous state of affairs. While Gordon Campbell has not publicly appealed my Constitutional Challenge, he has reserved the right to send lawyers to defend the Province’s right to regulate and site fish farms.

If the Province did not want salmon farms back, they would not have filed an “appearance.”

The Province has no responsibility to protect wild fish, the Federal Government does.

There is something you can do.  Contact the Liberal MLA candidates running in this Provincial election and ask them what they will do if elected?  Give up the right to regulate fish farms in the ocean, or fight to win this back.  If they plan to give it up why have they filed an appearance in Marine Harvest’s appeal?

You can find the Liberal MLA emails at http://www.bcliberals.com/

This is very important.

Alexandra Morton

bcguy

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »

Hey canuckjgc, my point of the post is, that the Liberals business accumen is not as rosey as they would like to portray, we all know that most political parties step up to the trough eventually,(hey we all remember how the reform party was NEVER goiing to accept the golden retirement packages right?) but this is getting a little ridiculous, when a party would rather sell the peoples (you me, and the guy next door) resources, so a select few can profit enormously...having said that, I still dont see a viable party out there yet.

Big business parties or big labour parties...take your pick, they all bend you over in the end.
I have an idea, how about a party that does whats best for the people they are supposed to represent, instead of pandering to small interest and lobbying groups (lobbyists...oh now doesnt that just open up another can of worms...2 words...BC Rail.)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2009, 01:13:34 PM »

Big business parties or big labour parties...take your pick, they all bend you over in the end.
I have an idea, how about a party that does whats best for the people they are supposed to represent, instead of pandering to small interest and lobbying groups (lobbyists...oh now doesnt that just open up another can of worms...2 words...BC Rail.)

When you find one let us know. ;D

Johnny_5

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »

Communist

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2009, 03:18:32 PM »

Communist

;D ;D Power restricted to a selected few who follows the "party line"

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2009, 05:52:43 PM »

Wow! Look at jobs ex liberal HACKS have secured from raping the rivers. This is a disgusting pork barrel list and shows how much Campbell Inc. cares about " being GREEN (or lining their pockets with it.) This should be a wake up call for the sleep induced by the Kampbell Kool Aid.

Geoff Plant, former BC Liberal Attorney General @ Renaissance Power.
Mark Grant, BC Liberal executive director@ Rupert Peace Power.
David Cyr, former Assistant to BC Liberal Minister Mike de Jong @ Plutonic Power.
Robert Poore, worked under the Provincial Revenue Minister of the Province of BC @ Plutonic Power.
Tom Syer, who has held a variety of senior positions in the BC Government including Gordon Campbell’s Deputy Chief of Staff @ Plutonic Power.
Bill Irwin, after holding key positions in the BC Ministries of Land and Water, and Crown Lands @ Plutonic Power.
Bruce Young, has held several high profile positions with the BC Liberal party and lobbied his own party on behalf of Katabatic Power @ Atla Energy.
Stephen Kukucha, former senior policy advisor for the BC Ministry of Environment @ Atla Energy.
Bob Herath, former Assistant Regional Water Manager for the BC Ministry of Environment @ Syntaris Power.
Paul Taylor, after his work as President and CEO of crown corporation ICBC as well as high level positions in the BC Government@ Naikun Wind Energy Group.
Michael J. O’Conner, former President and CEO of Crown Corporation BC Transit @ Naikun.
Jackie Hamilton, formerly held various BC Government environmental assessment and regulatory management positions @ Cloudworks Energy.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:55:13 PM by Novabonker »
http://

bluesteele

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2009, 08:43:59 PM »

Sickening Novabonker  >:( 

It's all about the money and screw whoever and whatever to get it.

Makes me think of The Sea Sheperd Society and the passion they have for their cause.

Like to do some of my ramming and sinking of these guys/cos ships.

Starting with the SS Scampbell.

odesseus

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »

I know I'm going to get lit up for this one ::) but good old Gordo and his band of merry men get my vote; not cause I love em, but I dislike their policies the least. Carole James is crazier than a loon and scares the hell out of me more than Gordo; at least we know where he's coming from $$$.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2009, 09:20:22 AM »

I know I'm going to get lit up for this one ::) but good old Gordo and his band of merry men get my vote; not cause I love em, but I dislike their policies the least. Carole James is crazier than a loon and scares the hell out of me more than Gordo; at least we know where he's coming from $$$.

LOL- no light ups, but maybe some enlightening: Stats Can Info:

In British Columbia, GDP fell 0.3%, its first decline since 1982. This followed a 3.0% increase in 2007.

British Columbia's forestry products were hit by falling export demand. Logging production fell 18%, while wood products manufacturing declined 21%. Personal spending decelerated sharply as spending on durables dropped 0.4%.

Preparations for the 2010 Olympics and engineering construction contributed to moderate investment growth. Residential investment fell for the first time since 1999.

"In all reality people that have a mental illness cannot take care of themselves and as a society we need to make sure those services are there," said Dallas Henault during an April 24 all candidates' meeting in Victoria-Beacon Hill. "But only when we have the funds to provide them that, so we have to make sure we have a strong economy, that we have a strong base there to ensure we can provide those services."

Before the election Henault worked for the Liberal Party as executive assistant to the executive director, Kelly Reichert.

On the "modest" deficit:

As part of his work for the credit union,Helmut Pastrick also sits on the province's economic forecast council. Back in January he was predicting a one percent GDP contraction for 2009. Before the StatsCan update he'd already dropped his forecast to a 2.2 percent drop.

"I'm going back to the drawing board to incorporate these new numbers and I'm sure everyone else will as well," he said.

Nor does he think Campbell's deficit pledge will stick. Back in February Pastrick wrote a report on the provincial budget that said, "A deficit of $1 to $1.5 billion or 0.6 percent of GDP in 2009/10 is the more likely outcome due to revenue shortfalls."

"I'm still of that view," he said. And with the new StatsCan figures, he added, "It makes it even worse."
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »

Watching the tv news the other night & to my positive surprize a survey was done & the NDP is very very close to the Liberals now........ Lib had 41 %  NDP 39% or there abouts........ May be a very close election yet !!!!  Go Canucks Go NDP go Canucks Go NDP........ ABC ABC ABC... ( as mentioned by other "posts" A nybody B ut C ambell ............... Rafe "thanks for your fine post" Agree with ya that Bennett's dad & son were our best Premiers ................. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12