Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: river boat clubs  (Read 3530 times)

Canyon

river boat clubs
« on: September 25, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »

Just moved into the fraser valley and was wondering if there are any jet boat or river boat clubs ?

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
Re: river boat clubs
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »

yep its called the fraser river

jet boats everywhere
what are you looking for in a club exactly
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 07:19:15 PM »

Almost every boat on the Fraser has some form of club to bonk those big Springs.

I used a 3' section of 1-1/2" dia. wooden dowel in my river boat.

Some people use an oar as a club.

Others have used a kids baseball bat.

Easy to buy or make your own club.

You don't need a river or jet boat to have a club - you can fish from shore and have one as well.

Lots of clubs at a golf course.

There seems to be a large club that gathers at the mouth of the Vedder this time of the year. More boats than fish most days.

tworivers

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 07:54:07 PM »

Barney, if I were you... I'd nip it in the bud!!  ;D

Canyon

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 08:59:50 PM »

Thought there might some groups that fish together or poker runs or day trips with families

sg6804

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 11:03:56 PM »

check out the mean chicken forum  go into the BC section you might find what you are looking for there

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 08:25:40 AM »

I seem to remember several years ago there was a group of boats that did a Fraser canyon run and then another that made the run to the mouth of the Fraser and I think there was one that ran up Harrison Lake.

Did you try use the search feature of this site?

TNT would would be a good guy to contact but this time of the year he's either on the river or sleeping.

Canyon

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 08:33:03 AM »

Being new to the area it would be nice to just make some new friends who maybe know some of the challenges of the Fraser and who enjoy the same activities in our great outdoors

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 09:03:32 AM »

Finding a club or group of jet pilots to help you with some local river navigation guidance is an excellent idea. Venturing up the Canyon, Harrison or the Pitt River can be dangerous and there have been several accidents/fatalities this year. Right now with the salmon season, guides are on the water and probably not even remotely available for assistance with this currently.

With the water at its near lowest conditions, this is really a dangerous time to venture out alone in unfamiliar waters - even with a jet. We've got lots of gravel bars and some dangerous areas that you need knowledge on. You also need cell numbers for emergency river support.

Many of the non-guide locals will be willing to help and spend some time with you. The guiding services are also an excellent resource for information and in all seriousness, you might even contract the services from someone like Vic at STS or Bent Rods or talk to the guys at Fred's Tackle. Nobody wants to see anyone in any dangerous conditions on the local waters so you're going to get help and advice. These guys are also very much in the know of everything that happens on our waters and they will steer you to any known boating clubs.

You'll surely get the information you're looking for very soon, but really Fred's might be your best bet right now.

Good luck.

riptide

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 09:09:09 AM »

Pitt River Boat Club comes to mind, you can contact them for a lead at least. And welcome to the forum.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death ...it's more important than that

Canyon

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »

thanks for the help you guys muchly appreciated looking forward to enjoying some of the scenery and activities in the area. I have talked to Todd at Freds and he pointed me in this direction . so far so good   

GordJ

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »

Canyon, there is a BC section on the Mean Chicken forum that covers most of what you are looking for. While there are not many organized runs you can meet up fairly often for informal trips to most of our local rivers. We don't seem to like poker runs or other group activities but I think that is because there are so many jets around that we have social gatherings everywhere we go. Give M.C. a try http://www.meanchicken.net/webmain/forum/index.php
I may have linked you to the mobile site but I don't know how to re-direct to the main site so good luck.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:26:08 PM by GordJ »

Canyon

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »

We are interested in meeting some of the locals and maybe getting a little information on the river and getting involved in some of the social gatherings and doing some touring around and some fishing and getting to know the rivers in the area . There's nothing better than talking to people who are really familiar with the area.