Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Great new stick  (Read 9083 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
Great new stick
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »

Just got a new Warrior Dolomite in the grip.  So far, it's awesome.  Has anyone else owned one of these?  I've played with it a couple times now and it seems a little overly scuffed and knicked compared to how my other sticks have worn.  Anyone else with this experience? 

bentrod

• Old Timer
Re: Great new stick
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 06:56:03 AM »

Scored 3 goals last night.  No better stick made. 

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 07:56:21 AM »

you sure it was the stick....and not the goalie?? :D :D :D :D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 04:47:59 PM »

We're supposed to have goalies? 

Actually, it's hands down the lightest and most sensitive stick I've ever felt.  Lighter than sticks $100 more even.  I am having nightmares that this one will break on me.  No reason to believe that it will, but I don't know anyone else with one.   

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »

Just got a new Warrior Dolomite in the grip.  So far, it's awesome.  Has anyone else owned one of these?  I've played with it a couple times now and it seems a little overly scuffed and knicked compared to how my other sticks have worn.  Anyone else with this experience? 

I just got one as well. Nicest feeling stick I've ever used. What curve did you get? I got a smyth, which was closest to my usual curve (yzerman). Only complaint I can think of right now is that I prefer a square toe, but now I'm just being nit picky.
Actions speak louder than words.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 07:14:34 AM »

hmmm...last stick I owned was $12 at Crappy Tire...2 pc wooden stick....used it to enforce rules around the house with my 2 girls...worked like a charm...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 02:46:14 PM »

Got the Draper curve.  Good for close wristers, can put it in the top shelf without any work.  Don't take many slap shots, so it works great for me. 

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 06:52:11 PM »

hmmm...last stick I owned was $12 at Crappy Tire...2 pc wooden stick....used it to enforce rules around the house with my 2 girls...worked like a charm...;)))

mojo

You'd probably have better luck with a phone book.  :o

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »

So hows your new lumber holding up?

I just played my first two games with mine. I scored in my first game with the new twig, one timer right off the face off. This stick it like a sling shot. By far the best stick that I have ever played with.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 09:17:53 PM »

Good to see mojoman with the Leafs logo back up and running too.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 07:56:31 PM »

I still love it.  My wife also plays, and she ended up steeling my stick cause she likes it so much.  So, I ended up buying a Warrior Mac Daddy.  To tell you the truth, I can't really the difference between the Dolomite and the Mac Daddy.  I love them both and don't think I'll ever play with another stick, until the next model comes out. 

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 08:44:05 PM »

Well, my one piece is now a two piece.  :-[ :'(

I was fooling around the other day and took a snap shot off the toe of my stick and the blade cracked straight down the middle. I couldn't believe it.

So the next question is: what blade do I get to replace it with. I could get another dolemite but I'm also considering a synthesis (I like the Easton curve better).

Anyone have experience with a synthesis or any other tapered blades?

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »

Never played with one, but they're also a very light stick.  If you wanted to stick with Warrior, You could always go with a Mac Daddy or the newest model, the Kronik.  You could always try to take your stick back and see if they'll warranty it.  It sounds like a weird brake, so you might be able to sell it as defective.   

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 07:36:55 PM »

I brought it back but they wouldn't warrenty it, 30 day warrenty is a 30 day warrenty.  They also didn't have any warrior blades in stock so I picked up a synthesis 2 blade for $45, which is dirt cheap for that blade. Got home cut off the blade on the warrior only to find the hossel of the old bladed epoxyed into the shaft. D'oh, I knew it was a fused two piece but for some reason didn't forsee this problem. Anyways, I had to cut off another 2 inches to clear the old hossel put in the new blade and crossed my fingers I wasn't altering the kick point too much. Two goals last game say I didn't.  ;D

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 08:47:09 PM »

good to know.  I hope don't break my stick too soon.  However, I don't have much of a thundering shot (still working on it), so I'm probably more likely to break my stick from blocking people's shots.