Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Enough is Enough  (Read 3096 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Enough is Enough
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »

I was out at one of the local stocked lake this morning. Fishing was hot. Across the lake there was a guy who was keeping several times the daily limit. He was putting on a show as if he was releasing the fish except he wasn't. Each time he catches a fish he would head into the trees and emerge a minute later and dip his hand in the water and then stand up for all to see him shake the water off from his hands. He wasn't fooling anyone. I was so pissed off I cut my day short and went home and reported him.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
Re: Enough is Enough
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:48:31 AM »

Those situations suck and I am always unsure what to do and feel uneasy confronting people.  I guess calling it in is the best you can do.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:11:56 PM »

or you can take down particulars, licence plate #, take pictures, etc., then put it away and enjoy your day ignoring the arse on the other side.
All you can do is report them. Good on you for doing it.

soliak

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:25:02 AM »

I was out at one of the local stocked lake this morning. Fishing was hot. Across the lake there was a guy who was keeping several times the daily limit. He was putting on a show as if he was releasing the fish except he wasn't. Each time he catches a fish he would head into the trees and emerge a minute later and dip his hand in the water and then stand up for all to see him shake the water off from his hands. He wasn't fooling anyone. I was so pissed off I cut my day short and went home and reported him.

Did you say anything to him?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »

I was across the lake. He couldn't have heard me if I tried.

Troutfun

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 12:25:57 PM »

This is a terrible thing I to have been seeing the same thing guess I need to accept that I need to be a nark when fishing. A shame really would rather fish then nark. Im learning that that there are those who fish and those that fish for a cheap food source I guess I missed something

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 11:09:29 PM »

Good for you!

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 01:13:24 PM »

Yesterday I was at Lafarge and saw a guy fishing with 2 rods at the shore. I reminded him the reg and he promptly removed his other rod. Will have to be more vocal if we see violations around you. You don't have to threaten them or invite a fight, but a civil reminder of the reg is enough to let them realize somebody besides the CO is mindful of their illegal act.