Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder or Fraser?  (Read 3918 times)

Floater

• Old Timer
Vedder or Fraser?
« on: July 21, 2005, 08:05:51 PM »

Gona head out this saturday for some springs but dont know where to go if heard ok results at both. What do you think?
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Vedder or Fraser?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 08:18:23 PM »

Chinook salmon fishing in the Fraser River has picked up in the last few days. Albion test fishery netted chinook number was much higher in the past few days (19 yesterday). Barfishing has picked up, visibility is better, quite a few fish being caught out there. CG will probably have a report available tonight when he returns.

From the reports section, the Vedder seems ok too. Water was getting rather clear when we were there on Tuesday.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 09:17:36 PM »

Hmm tuf decision i think im gona check out the fraser since i already did the vedder thing and if never cought a red chinook there, but the fraser is a different story.
[

chuminator

• Level winde
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 11:09:07 PM »

I went sunday to the veder and iiiiiiiit sucked!
a few things about life......
get paid, get laid, go fishing... theres a quote to live on

James

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 10:47:53 AM »

when fishing in the fraser for springs , i am assuming you are fishing in the upper area around hope right ? could someone give me a few areas to try out , other than the place where you can see a dozen cars parked on the side of the highway . I am new to fishing the fraser but love catching springs on the chilliwack so I though would give them a try this summer . Same gear right ?

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 12:25:07 PM »

went to the vedder yesterday and caught zip. started up top at limit hole, saw 1 fish caught about 8 lbs. moved to wash out saw 1 caught about 10lbs. water was very clear .at the kieth wilson bridge saw small schools of sockeye moving in circles especially under the bridge for shade.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 04:45:18 PM »

my second trip out to the Vedder last night hooked a 6-8 lb realeased it as it was black as a rubber boot,used a single jenson and wool tag
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 09:11:01 PM »

was out in the vedder today and saw a couple of guys pulling and netting socks if i didn't go over there and say that's sockeye i'm sure they would have been bonked stupid fisherman,i can'tbelieve they can't tell the difference between spring/sockeye went down river after that and saw a father and son fishing and wow nice 15lbs spring gutted on the shore line.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 09:16:55 PM »

was out in the vedder today and saw a couple of guys pulling and netting socks if i didn't go over there and say that's sockeye i'm sure they would have been bonked stupid fisherman,i can'tbelieve they can't tell the difference between spring/sockeye went down river after that and saw a father and son fishing and wow nice 15lbs spring gutted on the shore line.

::)

For the Vedder...