Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what line for a salmon/steelhead rod???  (Read 13240 times)

Stone

Re: what line for a salmon/steelhead rod???
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 08:21:45 AM »

From Airflo's website:

http://www.flylines.com/Flylines_AirfloFlylineRange_Fresh_MultiTip.cfm

New and improved for 2006, Tactical Multi tips are now made on a braided core for improved suppleness and features our new improved sleeved welded loops for improved strength and durability. Airflo's unique polyurethane welded loop technology really make the interchangeable tip system hinge free and eliminates any ‘kick’ during the cast, whilst remaining easy to change.

Multi Tip is available in a supple cold water coating and comes with 4 tip sections including floating, sink 2,sink 5 & sink 8. All tips are 12’ long and now feature our unique welded loop system at tip and
butt for easy loop to loop connections.

After reading this product description of the redesign for the new year, I am thinking that this new multitip is a totally different line from the original series that I own (and dislike).  I didn't like the stretchy traditional core of my line, and that's now fixed with a no stretch braided core.  I didn't like the loops, but they seem to have a new loop system that may be an improvement.  The sink ratings of their tips is interesting...kind of "in between" traditional numbers, and a super fast type 8 instead of a type 6.

It would be interesting for someone who actually owns this new line to give some feedback.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 02:00:15 PM »

off rio's website they show the anadromous advantage...what do you think of this one???

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 08:39:16 PM »

Yes can some one help? I went in to get a RIO but they mentioned the new Airflo should be better.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 10:24:10 AM »

as an update...i went into a shop that had a androm. advantage...the tips are longer, in the 20 foot range, they are built better to do whatever job each one is designed for and they are easier to cast and much longer....this is the one i think i'm going to go with if i can find a decent deal on it...down in us it's 150 for the one they had and i swear it was used...