Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: REALLY noobish question,first person to read the thread can probably answer  (Read 6561 times)

holmes

• photobucket.com

no problemo....... ;D....dont forget about like canadian tire or walmart or something like that for info as well....good luck and make sure you let us know how it goes, cheers.... :).holmes*

holmes

• photobucket.com

this seems to be the place tho.....holmes*

Westside Stores Ltd
360 Trans Canada Highway Southwest
Salmon Arm, BC V1E1B7
Phone: (250) 832-8141
Business Types: Fishing Tackle & Supplies, Weapons Guns & Knives

lots2learn

If you have a boat I can recommend white lake. Shore fishing is limited. Or an evening cast anywhere along sunnybrae rd in the shuswap usually produces. Daytime shuswap usually involves downriggers and depth sounders.  Lots of local info at http://www.reelfishingadventures.net/shuswap_lake_reports.html
The area is full of great fishing.  Good luck

marmot

• Old Timer

Arm yourself with backroads mapbooks for wherever you're headed so you know what river you're fishing and a copy of the regs to check if you are allowed to fish it.  It's as foolproof as it gets. 

I've had mixed success relying on "local knowledge".  I've found that sometimes the locals will give a little too much weight to their own experience... The whole "I've fished there for 30 years" thing...  In other words, it can be valuable information but take it with a grain of salt.

holmes

• photobucket.com

soooooooooooo how did it go??????????????????????.........holmes*

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

soooooooooooo how did it go??????????????????????.........holmes*
Hahahah did not go out this morning. We are actually in Blind Bay, which isnt TOO far away. But we didnt manage to get in until about 11, and then didnt get to bed until 2. My girlfriends grandfather and I got into fishing stories, and he wouldnt stop feeding me beer and laughs. We are doing family crap today, gonna go check out Adams River or something, apparently its a salmon spawning ground. So I shall scout, possibly fish later, and then be up before the sun tomororw!
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

Just got back. Headed out to the lower Adams River. Absolutely gorgeous! Gonna find a calm spot to wade in and toss a line in the morning. Might hit up the Little River between the lakes. Either way. Gorgeous gorgeous water. Quite a few sockeye in the park too! No where near 2010's run, but I was seeing at least 10 at every stop along the trails in there. Great looking water here, and absolutely shocked at it compared to the waters down home. Planning on being up first thing and out the house real quick. It was extremely hard to hang out with the family and not even whip out the rod. SO HARD!

holmes

• photobucket.com

It was extremely hard to hang out with the family and not even whip out the rod. SO HARD!

step back and read that again Dan,lmao ;D :o .....some may take that the wrong way LMFAO, :P good luck out there and be careful "whipping out your rod" in public,lol,  ;D ...holmes*

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

Haha I saw that!

There were lots of Sockeye around me. After wading in, a few minute later they got quite close to me. Was really nice. No fish, but I came across a husband and wife team flying, they said they hadnt had much luck, other than the single rainbow I saw the missus bring in while I was tying up my fly. Looked only to be 12-14 inches, but I was also quite a ways away on shore. But was a great trip overall. Almost died at least once. Possibly twice, but the second stumble I had I was in less than knee deep water. So it could have hurt, but may not have been deadly. Pretty good for my first wading experience! found a nice 4 foot strong thick branch to use a wading staff. That helped for the first hip wade. Learned, DONT FACE THE CURRENT! Keep your side to it. I knew that already, but now its really stuck. Went to turn and it hit me and I had to dig into some rocks. Was scary! No fishies for me though, and not even close to a bite. Working on my casting. Ended up laying out quite a few really good casts. leader turned over quite nicely and everything just worked. Excited to find a river like that close to home now!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:49:08 PM by DanJohn »