Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Richmond Area  (Read 2582 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Richmond Area
« on: April 09, 2005, 03:55:36 PM »

Hi,
Anyone tried fish the Richmond area for chub or minnow?

Thanks

lucky

• Old Timer
Re: Richmond Area
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 04:06:04 PM »

I did some bar fishing in the Richmond area today, didnt catch anything, but watched a heron catch alot of small minnows about 5 feet from the shore. Also while fishing I heard a few bigger fish surfacing, but didnt look in time to see what they were, one sounded like a dog jumping in the water, I had my back turned at the time, when I turned back around there were some pretty big ripples about 10 feet from shore, not sure what it was but it sounded big.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 04:19:39 PM »

:o

I've been debating with myself whether I should spin for a couple of hours today or not, and you're just making things harder for me. ;) You were fishing at North Arm during low tide aren't you? ;D Those minnows the heron is feeding on are most likely salmon fry. I bet the big splashes are from the big bull trout... :o

Back to the chub question. There should be a few around now, but usually it is fairly slow in April. The fishing picks up around late May usually. Go for the bull trout though, a lot of fun to catch. Catch and release only though. :)

BwiBwi, if you need info on bull trout fishing, go to this page:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/2003/0703_02.html

How's the water clarity Lucky?

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 04:27:04 PM »

water clarity looks pretty good about a foot or so.  I too was wishing I had brought my spinning outfit, left it at home :(, all the fish I saw surface were very close in, about 5 to 20 feet from shore

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 04:34:09 PM »

Where were you fishing ?