Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 470025 times)

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Thanks for coming out and telling the truth. No sweat.
Show me a person who says they have never lied and I'll show you a lier.  ;)

May this experience be a reminder that there are only two things in life that you cannot hide: coughing and the truth.

On another note, what happened? You stopped catching coho and chum?

*liar

On a side note all the members who thought coho or chinook should go study the fish ID's more
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

milo

• Old Timer

*liar
Good catch, JC.  :-[

And yes, I am brushing up on my steelhead vs. coho ID-ing. Especially when there is no tongue visible.

TheLostSockeye

Way to embarrass members who have been supporting you... What are we supposed to believe now?

Believe what you want. Thats not up to me. Let it be known that everything except that post is the truth.

Thanks for the continued support guys. really means a lot even after this blip.

in December i can only fish 3-4days a week and monday - wednsday aren't those days. Ill post if i get anything on the days i fish. Im planning on fishing from tamahi bridge down to the crossing on the weekend to see if i can hit any chrome still left in there. Going to toss Roe, Twitched jigs, Floated jigs (im tieing them all week until i get out), and the colorados i got from Rodney.

Dave

• Old Timer

Good on ya TLS for telling the truth ;)  Everyone makes mistakes but not all admit them.

swimmingwiththefishes

Yes. Great thread. Great intervention 8)

Lost Sockeye, it's goign to be hard believing your fishy tales from now on.

joshhowat

TLS thanks for clearing that up.

Eat, Sleep, Fish.

yoda

I have come across the odd wild steely over the years that has come to rest on the side of the river for no apparent reason.
What really disgusted me this year was how many gutted female chum were laying on the beach under the Hwy#1 bridge this year.
Very disturbing trend just to get roe.

Keep the pics coming TLS, hoping to run into you one of these days.

ByteMe

X2 on manning up on it LostSockeye, at least you got the balls to come forward to explain things in light of all that has been said. We all make mistakes once and a while cause after all, we are only human.

Like blaydRnr said "let's move on."

X3..........Lost Sockeye. lots of Kahunas manning up on a public forum, despite all the flak , you're fine in my books young man :), wish more people in today's times had your BALLZ
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

Tylsie

I still don't get it.  If I have a photo from 3.5 years ago of an illegally killed wild steelhead that I found I can't imagine the circumcstances in which  I then proceed to claim it as a coho that was released alive. 

Although I have never fished with you TLS,  enough people on here have and say you are a true sportsman that this will soon be forgotten.  I enjoy your reports,  I just doubt I will ever understand your intent. 

But on to more important thing.  I hope this rain brings up one more push of fish into the system.  I am not holding my breath,  but am optimistic. Such is the  life of a Fisherman. 

poper

Maybe a name change to"TheLostStealhead"?

dobrolub

TLS, you have some balls! Good on ya! I'll see you on the river!

mvelasco

Quit chastising the guy. He learned his lesson and has the balls to own up to it! Keep fishing TLS,hope to run into you one day. I'm sure I won't miss you with your roe colored cork!

stsfisher

Everyone thanks TLS for his mistake, ok I get it. Thanks for manning up TLS

I will thank cas for being the only one with the balls to bring this up. Thanks cas!

These kind of conversations are always tough, but they serve a purpose for future readers.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

thanks for that extensive list Everyday - I'd also mention coho have more of a fork in their tail while steelhead have a very 'square' straight vertical edge at the end of their tail.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

thanks for clarifying the situation the lostsockeye......otherwise this topic would have gone on for weeks! ;D