Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Overnight camping Fraser River?  (Read 10320 times)

TNAngler

Re: Overnight camping Fraser River?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »

Just go fish the WA flows and you can get into a gun fight with some dumb hick...

That isn't only in WA.  Heck, I've witnessed a gun fight out commercial fishing where some guy got a couple rifle bullets bouncing off his drum.  Heard of it on the Fraser.  Dumb hicks seem to be everywhere.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 04:02:57 PM »

That isn't only in WA.  Heck, I've witnessed a gun fight out commercial fishing where some guy got a couple rifle bullets bouncing off his drum.  Heard of it on the Fraser.  Dumb hicks seem to be everywhere.

Cowlitz comes to mind, multiple angler shootings a year there.... heeeyuck heeeyuck

Car break ins don't only happen at Gill road they happen at peg leg, jespersons, and every area where groups of cars sit unattended for hours like Bellis Fair Mall.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

fish4fun

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 06:14:14 PM »

It's unfortunate but that is one of the chances you take these days to go fishing. It can happen on day trips to the vedder or chehalis too. You just have to decide how bad you want to do the campout and is it going to ruin your trip worrying about your vehicle. Or you could just set up near your car at night. Don't expect to get a lot of sleep at Gill rd. though.

TNAngler

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 09:05:47 AM »

Cowlitz comes to mind, multiple angler shootings a year there.... heeeyuck heeeyuck

Car break ins don't only happen at Gill road they happen at peg leg, jespersons, and every area where groups of cars sit unattended for hours like Bellis Fair Mall.

Would disagree about Gill road.  Not sure the breakin happened there but tires slashed definitely did.

I don't know about Bellis Fair Mall as I avoid malls of all kinds, especially when I up in WA on vacation.  The Sumas gas stations though, I bet you could have your car stripped of everything.

TheDon

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 08:04:12 PM »

Derby Reach in Langley...It's right on the water.