Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good 17LB mono mainline?  (Read 6522 times)

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Good 17LB mono mainline?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 11:25:39 PM »

He pretty much made me swear that even if I had a gun to my head I would not share the recipe as it took him 10 years to perfect!

Really? What a miserable SOB he must be.  :-\
Imagine if we all reasoned like your friend. You'd get no answer to any of your questions posted here.
Unless he is a commercial smoker whose company's success depends on the uniqueness of his smoking recipe, I can't fathom why he wouldn't want to share it.

I like sharing what I know, and so do all of my friends.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:36:50 PM by milo »

dave c

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »

Really? What a miserable SOB he must be.  :-\
Imagine if we all reasoned like your friend. You'd get no answer to any of your questions posted here.
Unless he is a commercial smoker whose company's success depends on the uniqueness of his smoking recipe, I can't fathom why he wouldn't want to share it.

I like sharing what I know, and so do all of my friends.
x2

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 07:29:47 PM »

Yea let's hear the recipe pleeeeeeeeeeease !
Ive got a couple stinker jacks in the deep freeze still waiting for a good smoke recipe.

drh

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 11:44:10 PM »

Berkly Big Game 15lb is plenty for all species on the Ved,accompanied with 10lb or lighter leader and your good to go

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 08:44:37 AM »

Haha I totally agree that's it's ridiculous that he's so protective of his damn smoked salmon recipe. It's not like he sells it or anything! But...I did give him my word that I wouldn't share it, so I'm going to honor that despite it's idiocy.

However, Sea Run Fly and Tackle in Coquitlam gave me an excellent smoked salmon recipe via email. I emailed them back a few questions for clairification. After that I'll post their recipe  :) They had it on their facebook last year so I'm assuming they wouldn't care.