Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Large Sturgeon  (Read 4893 times)

Dogbreath

Re: Another Large Sturgeon
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »

Dean knows almost every Sturgeon in the Fraser and no one does a better job of caring for caught fish-plus was been on the front line of conservation efforts before some of the complainers here were born.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 10:33:55 AM »

1son

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »

The monster dinos are out to feed now it seems like that lately right on

work2fish

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »

It's a catch and release fishery anyway so no matter where its hooked you gotta bring it in and you may as well show people just how amazing these fish really are. It's not like they were flossing and snagged it.
Most that foul hook a fish this size would attempt to let it bust off the line or release it as soon as possible, as it's never good to drag a fish in backwards risking injury to a fish this size, just so you can get a few pictures with it, but perhaps that wasn't the case....

Imagine someone foul hooking a 24lb steelhead on the Thompson, and then taking a bunch of pictures of it and acting like it was legitimately caught...it is a catch and release fishery anyway, so you might as well show people how amazing a fish it is, right?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »

Just got off the phone with Dean, who was a bit concerned that a good story has been spoiled by the few comments that suggest the fish was snagged. He pointed out it wasn't and I certainly don't doubt him as we have worked together in many projects in the past, so I consider him as a credible source than anonymous rumours found on various internet outlets. Unless you are there in person, please don't make the assumption that it was foul hooked. A story such as this rarely makes it to mainstream media, so it's certainly not just good for his business, but also this fishery and the entire industry depends on it.