Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leveling kit for a Dodge 2500  (Read 5331 times)

Lumps

Leveling kit for a Dodge 2500
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:44:30 PM »

I have a 07 Dodge and was looking into putting in a front end leveling kit, has anyone done this? I know their fairly cheap. How does it affect the ride? It cant be any worse than it already is. :)
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Leveling kit for a Dodge 2500
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 10:20:41 PM »

If u hunt or fish in remote places its a must, if u dont have it on deactivated roads it scrapes the front bumper, ur pretty high up. It works just fine, doesn't affect handling alot, if u are a responsible driver u'll be fine.
Fish killer 101

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 10:33:25 PM »

Dads buddy has one and my neighbor's got one, sam u genious!  :P  ::)
Fish killer 101

Lumps

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 10:57:12 PM »

If u hunt or fish in remote places its a must, if u dont have it on deactivated roads it scrapes the front bumper, ur pretty high up. It works just fine, doesn't affect handling alot, if u are a responsible driver u'll be fine.
Umm yah  ::)

Lumps: Does the ride quality really matter to you? If your truck has torsion bars its possible to adjust them to get more clearance but it affects the ride quality a bit.

I meant handling, it rides like a tank already.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 01:03:54 AM »

u got a chip in it or is it stock?
Fish killer 101

Lumps

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 06:56:44 AM »

u got a chip in it or is it stock?
Stock

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 09:10:33 AM »

i would get a chip and a leveling kit, my neighbor/uncle has both and his 2500 flies. Its a 1997 v6 turbo deisel. I asked him yesterday when i saw ur post about how it handles and his reply was "It makes a little difference but not enough that u will really notice it, after a while it just feels normal again."
Fish killer 101

tnt

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 09:35:12 AM »

Lumps I was just gonna do the same thing till I talked to a few tire shops and chrysler dealers, if you want to raise the truck you are better off doing the full suspension lift, Leveling kits affect the angle of your torsion bars and make it a rougher sloppier ride, after talking with a few tire shops I ended up deciding on toyo open country mud terrains in a 33.5 inch tire, no rub but plenty of height, and a 12.5 inch wide tire, if you do go with the leveling kit make sure you put in a set of rancho shocks at the same time, it wil help the ride a little by stiffening it up.  If your thinking of getting new tires talk to Jason from Symons tires in Mission he will look after you really well and if your old tires are in decent shape he will take them on trade, tell him Thomas from TNT Marine sent you by, or talk to his Old Man...

Awesome service with the best pricing.

BTW the older diesels handle the leveling kit a lot better than the new ones,,
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

Lumps

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »

Lumps I was just gonna do the same thing till I talked to a few tire shops and chrysler dealers, if you want to raise the truck you are better off doing the full suspension lift, Leveling kits affect the angle of your torsion bars and make it a rougher sloppier ride, after talking with a few tire shops I ended up deciding on toyo open country mud terrains in a 33.5 inch tire, no rub but plenty of height, and a 12.5 inch wide tire, if you do go with the leveling kit make sure you put in a set of rancho shocks at the same time, it wil help the ride a little by stiffening it up.  If your thinking of getting new tires talk to Jason from Symons tires in Mission he will look after you really well and if your old tires are in decent shape he will take them on trade, tell him Thomas from TNT Marine sent you by, or talk to his Old Man...

Awesome service with the best pricing.

BTW the older diesels handle the leveling kit a lot better than the new ones,,

TNT good advise, I've talked to a couple of different places and all they on the 07 is a 5 inch suspention lift and I really don't want to go with the big lift thing. I just want to keep it simple. I'll look into what you said though, thanks Jason

speycaster

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 08:42:38 PM »

Geez younfirearm you had better go and look at those trucks, as no domestic truck maker supplies a V6 diesel engine. With your knowledge of trucks i would take your advice with a grain of salt. ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 08:39:41 PM »

my bad! V8 must have heard wrong! With all that fishing info filling up my head i cant really hear alot!  ;D
Fish killer 101

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 10:06:41 PM »

v6 deseil. HAHA...... I know a dude who put a leveling kit on his 06 f350, looks good. As for the handling cant give you feed back, but if I were you I would get it.

Mike D.

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 10:30:33 AM »

Actually Dodge has or had I should say a 5.9L V6 diesel equipped with an auto 5 speed, out in the mid 90's aswell as in 03/04 in the 2500 & 3500 models...and FORD also had a V6 diesel out...I don't think the ford one's were very good, but the Dodge one's were quite popular....and aswell some of the Jeeps are out with a V6 3.0 litre Diesel...

Mike <"))))))))><

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 11:09:53 PM »

thanks mike, i knew i heard correct!  8)
Fish killer 101

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »

whats the point in having a v6 deisel, expecailly in a large truck.I knew dodges had a v6 deisel, but they at really gutless