Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's with the moderating?  (Read 15914 times)

milo

• Old Timer
Re: What's with the moderating?
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »

Sure, if you want to give lawyers game.
That's why it's better not to utter, just act.
Dogs that bark don't bite.  ;)

Sasha, you are welcome to my not so secret secret spots anytime. But well, you already knew that, didn't you?

Milo,if there ever is a backwards pedaling race, my money is on you. :)

Thanks Bruce.Good to know that someone would still put money on this grumpy old fart, for whatever reason! :D :D

Still would be assault, just call the cops.

Really? Should have known that. I could have become rich suing all the beaks that hooked me on the Fraser back in the old days when I still fished with the masses.
What other excellent advice do you have besides tying up precious police resources for a barbless hook in your waders?

For the record, I rarely edit or delete anything unless someone clicks the "Report To Moderator" link. I try and take the time to edit, split and delete only when necessary, but the fact is moderating is a pain in the my buddy, and most of the time it's just easier to delete the whole thing.

Here is my suggestion if you are worried about your well articulated response being deleted; don't quote posts that are going to get deleted. If you quote someone that uses foul language, personally attacks, etc, then I'm going to delete your post as well.

Thanks for chiming in Dion. That makes sense.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »

The other day there was a long line up to get the new Apple Smart phone.
Some guy was set up more than 24 hrs thus to get a phone & be the first thru the doors.
Point being ,he was there 1 st.

Same thing with a fishing spot.
If some guy gets to the river's edge before others, he should be entitled to fish that spot with out others arriving late & crowding him or her in.
A fly fisherman should have a nice area to set his fly in the lake/river.

Guess a person who gets to a spot should set up some yellow tape or put some orange cones on either side so others will stay outside of area. ;D

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »

Some guy was set up more than 24 hrs thus to get a phone & be the first thru the doors.

If some guy gets to the river's edge before others, he should be entitled to fish that spot with out others arriving late & crowding him or her in.

Guess a person who gets to a spot should set up some yellow tape or put some orange cones on either side so others will stay outside of area. ;D

Exactly, there is a certain amount of space you should give other people in the run that were there before you.
Or if you run into an m'er f'er like me you could get an earful.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2013, 10:58:21 PM »

Really? Should have known that. I could have become rich suing all the beaks that hooked me on the Fraser back in the old days when I still fished with the masses.
What other excellent advice do you have besides tying up precious police resources for a barbless hook in your waders?

First of all the quote you used is a combination of two different ones. Second how would you get rich by pressing charges? Third assault is assault.

Finally...

Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2013, 11:02:04 PM »

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:34 PM »

Thanks Bruce.Good to know that someone would still put money on this grumpy old fart, for whatever reason! :D :

Great attitude Milo, nice to see. Wish everyone had the same.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:47 AM »

Actually, the way it SHOULD work is called Rotational Angling.  Heck, it's even on the BC Enviro website (about halfway down): http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/ethics/#Rotational

Unfortunately on most rivers in Southern BC it's a thing of the past, except for during steelhead season and even then it's often ignored. 

Personally, I always ask anyone fishing a run if they mind if I join them.  At the worst, they tell me they do mind, in which case I've just learned a lesson that this is the type of person I'd probably rather not fish around anyway.  At best, I've just started a conversation with someone who is already (hopefully) dialed in to this particular run at this particular time, and they'll often share some knowledge (what's working, where the fish are, etc).

Tight lines out there everyone.

Ian Forbes

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »

Possibly because most people learn to answer, not to understand.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2013, 01:40:29 PM »

...yes, finally. Good night.

Geez, I like your great sense of humour despite being harassed, Milo. You are a nice guy. We need more of your humorous posts here to make reading FWR more entertaining. If there is a race about great sense of humour among FWR posters, you win the gold medal by the mile for sure.  ;D  Keep it up man.  :)

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »

Great attitude Milo, nice to see. Wish everyone had the same.

Geez, I like your great sense of humour despite being harassed, Milo. You are a nice guy. We need more of your humorous posts here to make reading FWR more entertaining. If there is a race about great sense of humour among FWR posters, you win the gold medal by the mile for sure.  ;D  Keep it up man.  :)

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.

It's interesting that liketofish mentions harassment. I don't feel harassed at all.
If I did, I guess I'd stay away from it all. I actually enjoy setting myself up for some controversy, as I have never been a stranger to stirring the pot. I became an adult, even a parent, well before the Internet, forums and social media, so I don't have an elaborate virtual persona. I don't have accounts on any of the social media. Heck, I don't even have a dedicated forum handle, I use my real name. I am who I am - on and off-line.

If we cross paths on the river, by all means say hi. We can shoot the bull while enjoying the surrounding.
Oh, and I will let you guys catch me a nice hatchery coho fishing from my rock while I smoke a cigar.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:30:33 PM by milo »

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2013, 03:55:29 PM »

Sure Milo. If I catch a hatchery coho on your rock while you have a break, you get to take the fish home for dinner. I'll pay rent for the rock.  :D ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:25:03 PM by liketofish »

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »

If we cross paths on the river, by all means say hi. We can shoot the bull while enjoying the surrounding.
Oh, and I will let you guys catch me a nice hatchery coho fishing from my rock while I smoke a cigar.  ;D
I will pack an extra Cuban Cohiba in my vest. Shall we meet, we will light up together my fishing brother! Im an old school, old guy who had to learn the great sport of fishing the old fashioned way,by trail and error,long before computors and internet! ;)

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2013, 05:30:35 PM »

Im an old school, old guy who had to learn the great sport of fishing the old fashioned way, by trail and error,long before computors and internet! ;)

This is a delightfully relevant spelling mistake.  ;)

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »

This is a delightfully relevant spelling mistake.  ;)

LOL Tex, I noticed it too.
Trail and Error - an excellent title for a fishing article discussing the importance of legwork in learning how to fish rivers like the Vedder. You better copy-write it, Dennis.

I will pack an extra Cuban Cohiba in my vest. Shall we meet, we will light up together my fishing brother! Im an old school, old guy who had to learn the great sport of fishing the old fashioned way,by trail and error,long before computors and internet! ;)

Mmmm...Cuban Cohibas. The few I still have in my humidor are too large to carry around safely, but I always have a couple great boutique Dominican or Nicaraguan robustos or coronas to choose from. Sounds like a plan, Dennis. :)