Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breathable waders...Which ones??  (Read 11589 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Breathable waders...Which ones??
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 11:14:16 AM »

Then perhaps you should try a pair of orvis breathables. I had a pair when I was younger. They worked well for me at the time but once I started growing and the waders started fitting tight I ran into a few leaks.
Actions speak louder than words.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 01:57:11 AM »

You may want to look up ebay under 'breathable wader' to see some good deals for even new, unused waders.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 03:16:14 PM »

I don't own a pair of breathables I use bare neoprenes.  But awhile back I did some shopping around and this is what I was able to find out.  The Bare "Blackwater" breathables have had many problems.  I phoned up the representative for loop and he explained to me that alot of the time people think their waders are leaking but what is actually happening is the gortex gets clogged with silt which inhibits them from breathing thus building up sweat in the clogged area. He said that Loop is coming out with a new type of wader made from a far superior material than gortex called simprotex or simprotech (not sure on the spelling) which should eliminate this problem.  He recommended that I wait for these to come out.  This was over 6 months ago so they are probably on the market by now. I decided to stick with my neoprenes because they are cheap and they work just fine for me.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 03:24:27 PM by Eagleye »

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 05:18:06 PM »

walmart got some on sale 64 bucks work fine