Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gold Creek  (Read 8086 times)

stlhd4ever

Gold Creek
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:18:46 PM »

Has anybody here ever fished Gold Creek in Allouette? Drove by there today and man the water is in beautiful shape for fishing. I'm thinkin there has gotta be some fair sized trout in there. Any info would be great
Wishin I was Fishin

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Gold Creek
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »

Nope no big fish in there. Some smaller fish but not an incredible amount. Its a beautiful creek but fishing is difficult.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 09:57:45 PM »

I have seen some nice schools of fish at the mouth of gold creek by north beach. That is where I would try  ;).

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

stlhd4ever

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 08:18:07 AM »

Do the kokanee spawn up there? Another guy told me that if the kokanee spawn up there than chances are that I would find dollie's and bull's in there. or do they hang around the mouth waiting for the offerings to come down stream?thanks for the info so far guys ;)
Wishin I was Fishin

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 09:09:16 AM »

I'm with BB on this one, Now just out from the creek in the lake there is some good fishing, both on and off the drop-off. You can see the little guys boil at the top.

And I've tried Gold a bunch, never had or seen anything of size. Not saying they're not there, just doesn't seem likely ;)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 09:17:23 AM »

I too have fished Gold and havn't seen any "monsters"; however, I have gotten into rainbows that most would say are a fair size. Also had on a few bigger fish in the 2-4lb range but have been broken off.
BTW, there are some big whitefish in there! I will try and find a picture ;)

bcguy

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 10:05:01 AM »

Yup, caught a couple of Dolly's out of Gold Creek lastfall, one right underneath the bridge at the parking lot, next to the tail out, using a Mepps spinner.
Have only ever caught one rainbow, casting across the channel near the mouth, they seem to hide under the under cut rock.
But like bbronswyk2000 said, not much action and fishing is difficult.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 08:38:28 PM »

anyone ever fish the coquitlam for trout and what not? if so how is it and when does  it get good?

bugchucker27

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 07:10:48 PM »

Has anybody here ever fished Gold Creek in Allouette? Drove by there today and man the water is in beautiful shape for fishing. I'm thinkin there has gotta be some fair sized trout in there. Any info would be great

bugchucker27

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »

Was up at the mouth a few weeks ago in my tube and did quite well. Caught a few nice rainbows up to 17 inch. Big sucker fish and 1 dolly.Was hopeing for kokanee but had no luck this time. Use a full sink line and hold on. They tend to be quite agressive(on a 4wt lol).