Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1344239 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1621 on: October 17, 2015, 06:10:29 PM »

An interesting read Bob, thanks!

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1622 on: October 19, 2015, 10:25:23 AM »

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=11444543

"During that El Niņo, a weather phenomenon that usually lasts nine to 12 months and brings warmer and drier winters, Davies noticed a huge influx of mackerel, not usually fished up north. They ate up the salmon fry and killed the herring fishery. He worries they may return."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:29:14 AM by Fisherbob »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1626 on: November 03, 2015, 06:51:22 PM »

Is this why doc morton does not protest the salmon farming that happens in her home country?  She wants land based farming here. LOL. Well worth the watch. You may have to watch it more than once since it moves along fast. It gets interesting at 58 minutes. I like the questions this guy puts forth that do not get answered.  Who funds Morton? Yes I will still be a meat eater and sport fish.  No land left. Time to farm the sea.

http://youtu.be/5Qhbso9UQ_E
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:14:41 PM by Fisherbob »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #1627 on: November 03, 2015, 11:03:14 PM »

Who funds Bawb ? Seems like you have a real hate on for American women :P :P Were the largest exporter of the dirty fish to the USA so maybe people who don't like that fund her. Maybe Captain Highliner. You use to fund her so what's the big deal?
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1630 on: November 05, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »

Is this why doc morton does not protest the salmon farming that happens in her home country?  She wants land based farming here. LOL. Well worth the watch. You may have to watch it more than once since it moves along fast. It gets interesting at 58 minutes. I like the questions this guy puts forth that do not get answered.  Who funds Morton? Yes I will still be a meat eater and sport fish.  No land left. Time to farm the sea.

http://youtu.be/5Qhbso9UQ_E
Today, The Wild Fish Conservancy filed legal action against the US Environmental Protection Agency and the National Marine Fisheries for allowing salmon farms in Puget Sound!

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1631 on: November 05, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »

This law suit will be fun to follow, seems a no brainer American born Almo will get behind this, no?  probably Fast Eddy Gardner too ;D
Would love to see you and him protesting at some yankee grocery chain stores or, perhaps Pike Market ;D

Right ... the Leafs have a better chance of winning the cup than that happening.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1632 on: November 05, 2015, 06:51:26 PM »

Today, The Wild Fish Conservancy filed legal action against the US Environmental Protection Agency and the National Marine Fisheries for allowing salmon farms in Puget Sound!

Can you provide a link Chris?
Never mind. It seems they are against closed containment also.

http://wildfishconservancy.org/about/press-room/press-releases/wild-fish-conservancy-center-for-environmental-law-policy-file-legal-action-to-clean-up-leavenworth-hatchery-water-pollution
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:00:30 PM by Fisherbob »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1634 on: November 06, 2015, 01:22:25 PM »

Saw this on FB today, SS will be happy too, I think.

"My son is a fisheries biologist with Canada's Department of Fisheries and Oceans. Here's his spirit-lifting post from yesterday. "It is official. At an all staff meeting today with some of the best scientists in the world, certainly the ones who know our coast better than anyone (and I am lucky enough to work for some of them), we were told that it's ok to talk to the media or anyone about what we do without permission. That's how surreal it was. That's how things changed over night."
I feel like I'm in one of those post-apocalyptic movies where there's nothing but darkness and sorrow and hard times, and then right at the end of the movie there's a scene of the sun rising over a new world and it's like everything just might turn out OK. People, we must never again let our government plunge us into such a fearful, secretive, divisive state."