Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1344060 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1575 on: June 11, 2015, 08:14:42 AM »

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1576 on: June 11, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »

Taken from another site but an easy to read summary of disease issues between farmed Atlantics and wild Pacific salmon.  Should be required reading for those unsure of their stance on salmon farming here in BC and Washington.

http://www.cermaq.com/wps/wcm/connect/346df840-157b-41a3-ad58-cf9783426f9a/Information+about+wild-farm+salmon+interactionsGDMarty2015-03-16.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1578 on: June 11, 2015, 04:14:51 PM »

Ha ha, I was expecting "he's a shill for the industry" post.  Probably coming ...

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1579 on: June 11, 2015, 06:32:46 PM »

Taken from another site but an easy to read summary of disease issues between farmed Atlantics and wild Pacific salmon.  Should be required reading for those unsure of their stance on salmon farming here in BC and Washington.

http://www.cermaq.com/wps/wcm/connect/346df840-157b-41a3-ad58-cf9783426f9a/Information+about+wild-farm+salmon+interactionsGDMarty2015-03-16.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
Thank you Dave. Was a great read. :)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #1583 on: June 13, 2015, 10:34:22 AM »

There is "considerable evidence, both in B.C. and otherwise, that sea lice, for example, have a major effect on wild fish," said Dill, adding that the cause of death of most fish in fish farms is not determined.

They should put Marty out to pasture. But to be fair they probably didn't consult with Steve before disputing Marty's propaganda. :P
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1584 on: June 14, 2015, 02:48:40 AM »

There is "considerable evidence, both in B.C. and otherwise, that sea lice, for example, have a major effect on wild fish," said Dill, adding that the cause of death of most fish in fish farms is not determined.

They should put Marty out to pasture. But to be fair they probably didn't consult with Steve before disputing Marty's propaganda. :P
Yep, with a lot of meetings etc. out of the way time to get away for some fishing trips now so may not be finding things for the PAPG, will be good for SS as he will have more time away from pounding like like mad on his key board. Enjoy the summer boys, next up is the Chilliwack Vedder Cleanup Socities BC Rivers Day on September 27.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1585 on: June 14, 2015, 10:25:46 PM »

If the Dill and the authors were hoping to achieve "a more complete and balanced assessment of the scientific literature" then they missed the mark as they did their own omitting and cherry-picking to put their best foot forward.  It far from complete.  No mention of growing Pink salmon abundance in the North Pacific for one.  No mention of recent studies on PRV is another.  No mention of the ocean blob of warm water off our coast and the probable implications on salmon here.  It's only been documented by researchers in Canada and the US since 2013, but apparently not part of "a more complete and balanced assessment of the scientific literature".  Dill take bits and pieces of the Cohen Report to make his point and leaves out a lot more, but I guess he needs to make his case the best way he can. I think it's strange for Dill to label Marty as biased when his own letter shows the biases of this group of scientists.  I mean if the authors want to really use the "bias card" to bash Marty with then one doesn't have too look hard to see the one "independent" biologist they all align with on these issues and have worked with.....who also omits and chooses data to satisfy her own theories. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:00:31 PM by shuswapsteve »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1586 on: June 14, 2015, 10:38:53 PM »

Yep, with a lot of meetings etc. out of the way time to get away for some fishing trips now so may not be finding things for the PAPG, will be good for SS as he will have more time away from pounding like like mad on his key board. Enjoy the summer boys, next up is the Chilliwack Vedder Cleanup Socities BC Rivers Day on September 27.

Chris Gadsden: 11957 posts on this board (soon to be 11958)
Me: 698 posts on this board

Seems like Chris is the clear leader in the "pounding the keyboard" category.  Enjoy your summer, Chris.  Maybe the rest of us will catch up to your post total........when the Canucks hoist the Stanley Cup. :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:42:44 PM by shuswapsteve »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1587 on: June 15, 2015, 03:45:07 AM »

Seems like Chris is the clear leader in the "pounding the keyboard" category.  Enjoy your summer, Chris.  Maybe the rest of us will catch up to your post total........when the Canucks hoist the Stanley Cup. :P
Ah but mine are short like this. https://youtu.be/IuZFMHIuOxQ ;D ;D

Hope you have some holiday time and when you are down visting Dave let me know. ;D ;D
Maybe come to our BC Rivers Day and help us cleanup up the river from.........., no garbage. ;D ;D ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #1588 on: June 15, 2015, 05:38:32 AM »

r SS as he will have more time away from pounding like like mad on his key board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uekLLXcg-ng
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1589 on: June 15, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »

And of course you do not have a lot of posts as you mostly just write about FF and protecting your government on a few others environmently issue. ;D