Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1344217 times)

Easywater

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1560 on: June 09, 2015, 11:29:20 AM »

I am sure that you are wrong.

If you don't like it then don't read it.

That's the point - I usually don't read them.

I'm not here to pick fights but I don't understand why pro-ff people post here.

It's like going on a forum by PETA and yelling "I LOVE STEAK" every day.
You are bound to get some flack.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1561 on: June 09, 2015, 12:03:04 PM »

Perhaps for the same reason Anti-fishfarm people post here. Public awareness? :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:09:44 PM by Fisherbob »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1562 on: June 09, 2015, 12:51:37 PM »

You will notice 90% of the posts by pro farmers are refuting the "facts" presented by the antis.  It's human nature to try to right wrongs, in this case misinformation.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1563 on: June 09, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »

I am very sorry but I thought this was an open discussion forum. From what I hear, you may want to go to FB for a one sided rant and rave.  :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:27:42 PM by Fisherbob »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1564 on: June 09, 2015, 06:00:26 PM »

Bob is right - it's an open forum where opinions are expressed free of intimidation and bullying. However, it appears that some wish to make this about personalities rather than the issues. Hopefully we can bring this back to the issues without having the moderators getting involved. I fully expect to get flack but those that dish out flack should expect in return. The thing is that flack doesn't mean that people have to get personal in order to get their point across. Now I'm going back to fishing now.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1565 on: June 09, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »

Bob is right - it's an open forum where opinions are expressed free of intimidation and bullying. However, it appears that some wish to make this about personalities rather than the issues. Hopefully we can bring this back to the issues without having the moderators getting involved. I fully expect to get flack but those that dish out flack should expect in return. The thing is that flack doesn't mean that people have to get personal in order to get their point across. Now I'm going back to fishing now.
When you get to my age flack does not bother me at all as I know I have done my best on several environmental issues.

I know I am not right on all issues but in starting numerous sports groups (Hockey and Fastball ) Chilliwack River Action Committee, Fraser Valley Salmon Society, 30 years ago, Chilliwack Motor Sport Awarness Committee (Where they wanted to build this racetrack right next to the Vedder Canal and on prime farmland, we won that one, Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society, Fraser River Gravel Stewardship, a member only, Sportsfishing Defense Alliance with Bill Otway, committee member, Fraser Valley Illegal Dumping Alliance committee member and a Committe member re the Hazardous waste plant that was the wrong place to be placed.

Not trying to boast only to show I start groups and volunteer my time on issues that I think are important to me and many others. I am not one to sit back and just take things in stride and I will continue to do so no matter what others say.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1566 on: June 09, 2015, 07:24:39 PM »

Awesome bio Chris, and kudos to you, but what has this to do with salmon farming in BC? ??? After all, that's what this thread is about.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1567 on: June 09, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »

Awesome bio Chris, and kudos to you, but what has this to do with salmon farming in BC? ??? After all, that's what this thread is about.
Probaley just deflecting that I often am accused of or maybe just boasting, a beak I would be then, a disease like an FF  Atlantic...lol
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:49:59 PM by chris gadsden »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1570 on: June 10, 2015, 12:01:16 AM »

When you get to my age flack does not bother me at all as I know I have done my best on several environmental issues.

I know I am not right on all issues but in starting numerous sports groups (Hockey and Fastball ) Chilliwack River Action Committee, Fraser Valley Salmon Society, 30 years ago, Chilliwack Motor Sport Awarness Committee (Where they wanted to build this racetrack right next to the Vedder Canal and on prime farmland, we won that one, Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society, Fraser River Gravel Stewardship, a member only, Sportsfishing Defense Alliance with Bill Otway, committee member, Fraser Valley Illegal Dumping Alliance committee member and a Committe member re the Hazardous waste plant that was the wrong place to be placed.

Not trying to boast only to show I start groups and volunteer my time on issues that I think are important to me and many others. I am not one to sit back and just take things in stride and I will continue to do so no matter what others say.

Kudos to all the volunteer work you do, but what does the above have anything to do with what I just posted previously?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1571 on: June 10, 2015, 12:18:23 AM »

http://commonsensecanadian.ca/federal-court-ruling-threatens-salmon-farms-bottom-line/

Nothing slippery about the language at all. Those fish were never shown to be diseased (i.e. HSMI) even after 9 months and there was never any evidence presented during the trial that showed that. Having PRV doesn't necessarily mean that the fish is diseased because healthy and unhealthy Atlantic Salmon can have PRV.

Grigg never talks about the recent research on PRV - like the fact that PRV has been found in preserved wild fish samples before salmon farming had started in BC.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1572 on: June 10, 2015, 06:45:53 AM »

And as expected the ruling is being appealed and new evidence will be presented.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #1573 on: June 10, 2015, 11:06:33 AM »

No need to get all pissy and claim bullying.

What I was trying to say was I don't understand why people expend so much time and energy protecting the interests in foreign owned fish farm companies when they claim to have no financial interest in the industry.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1574 on: June 10, 2015, 10:05:04 PM »

No need to get all pissy and claim bullying.

What I was trying to say was I don't understand why people expend so much time and energy protecting the interests in foreign owned fish farm companies when they claim to have no financial interest in the industry.

I have as much interest financially in the BC fish farm industry as I do with carrying on a discussion with someone that erroneously calls me industry or government "mouth piece" while claiming not wanting to pick any fights here.