Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Article on Fraser Sockeye Fishery - from Yakima reporter's eyes  (Read 7410 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: Article on Fraser Sockeye Fishery - from Yakima reporter's eyes
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 10:46:59 PM »

Maybe it's because he's used to fishing not flossing a blue ribbon trout river!!!....yeah we see in Red White and Blue...it's called pride!!! that's something that happens when you've fought for YOUR country DK...you ought to try it if you can find one!!!

weizen

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 11:15:29 PM »

Maybe it's because he's used to fishing not flossing a blue ribbon trout river!!!....yeah we see in Red White and Blue...it's called pride!!! that's something that happens when you've fought for YOUR country DK...you ought to try it if you can find one!!!

Now this could get interesting....... ???

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 12:41:10 AM »

Easy fellas.  We all have different political stripes.  Let's remember the commonality.  FISHING.   ::)

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 12:47:16 AM »

close enough :D

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 09:20:07 AM »

You tell em....G.W. Shrub :P

::)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 09:37:04 AM »

f
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:22:55 AM by dennisK »

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 11:56:38 AM »

No offense intended golfman65 and I won't get into a debate for you here about politics - really is boring actually.

But on a fishing related note - now I understand why you are selling fishing gear for prices a bit cheaper then what we get locally - your gear is purchased in the US :)  I guess Canadian money is okay with you though  ;D

Actually i married a Canadian, hmmm something about real men and little boys...don't know who she'd been referring to there dk......that said no offense taken ;) ...I own a warehouse business here in Blaine, my customer base is 99% Canadian, my best friends are Canadian, AND i grew up in Michigan, learned hockey on ponds, Played all through the ranks and until a rotator cup injury was the "token" American on a decent old timer team up there....SO your money spends fine with me..and it's so pretty as to help those who can't read numbers understand what there spending...(no that's not just us either)....

I can dish it and I can take it too, I do all day. I've won golf tournaments in Canada and i learned to fly fish there...i would have NO problem , once the kids are all in college and i can retire living there...AND if asked YES..i would fight for your country, like i spent half my life doing in ours down here...so yes that does teach you a little more pride in your country and yes it does ruffle my feathers when someone bashes us, especially needlessly over an article where the guy wasn't ripping you at all but explaining how they "catch" the Frazer.

So there you go, I've met more decent guys fishing the Vedder then I have golfing in a hundred tournaments down here...Met some jerks too...Have had a few spirited debates fishing along side some of them both good and bad, the one thing I've found is there is no difference in most of us what so ever and at the end of the day most guys agree to the same things...but there is always that one guy, the one who's dad didn't pay enough attention too or mom didn't buy the new bike when he demanded it...Don't be that guy!! ;)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »

Reasons
to Fear Canada.

BY SEAN CARMAN

- - - -

Ninety percent of population is massed within 100 miles of northern American border.

Seems not to mind that one of its provinces has turned almost entirely French.

Excessive politeness only makes sense as cover for something truly sinister. But what?

Citizens seem strangely impervious to cold.

Decriminalization of marijuana and acceptance of gay marriage without corresponding collapse of social institutions indicate Canada may, in fact, be indestructible.

Has infiltrated entertainment industry with singers, actors, and comedians practically indistinguishable from their American counterparts.

Consistently stays just below cultural radar yet never quite disappears.

Parliamentary government and common-law judiciary appear to function acceptably yet remain completely inscrutable.

Never had a "disco phase."

Seemingly endless supply of timber, donuts, and Scotch-plaid hats with earflaps.

Keeps insisting it "has no designs on America" and "only wants peace."

Plays a mean game of pond hockey.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 01:27:38 PM »

Reasons
to Fear Canada.

BY SEAN CARMAN

- - - -

Ninety percent of population is massed within 100 miles of northern American border.

Seems not to mind that one of its provinces has turned almost entirely French.

Excessive politeness only makes sense as cover for something truly sinister. But what?

Citizens seem strangely impervious to cold.

Decriminalization of marijuana and acceptance of gay marriage without corresponding collapse of social institutions indicate Canada may, in fact, be indestructible.

Has infiltrated entertainment industry with singers, actors, and comedians practically indistinguishable from their American counterparts.

Consistently stays just below cultural radar yet never quite disappears.

Parliamentary government and common-law judiciary appear to function acceptably yet remain completely inscrutable.

Seemingly endless supply of timber, donuts, and Scotch-plaid hats with earflaps.

Keeps insisting it "has no designs on America" and "only wants peace."

Plays a mean game of pond hockey.

Ok,,,you win..that's  :D

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 04:07:19 PM »

Interesting read.

He himself may be interested to come up again and drift fish for steelhead in January on the Vedder. Id be curious as to his opinion when he sees a similar show compared to the Fraser during the sockeye run.

I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 08:31:11 PM »

I don't know about that one :( They must have lived in Prince George.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 08:49:20 PM »

this guy is supposed to be an outdoor writer ....GOOOBER
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:51:20 PM by blaydRnr »

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 11:06:33 PM »

this guy is supposed to be an outdoor writer ....GOOOBER

He's writing to his audience.  Newspaper readers. ;)