Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Dec.30  (Read 1396 times)

fishman1

Vedder Dec.30
« on: December 31, 2006, 12:53:57 PM »

Don't normally post but thought I should change that for the new year.

Anyway.  Fished Lickman Rd. area at first light, saw one hatchery steelhead taken about 10 lbs.  No takes for me.  Tried roe bags and shrimp to no avail.  Moved up to peach,  splashed around there for a few hours.  Did have my drennan submerge once but missed whatever was after my jensen egg cluster. :'(  Went upriver to Borden Creek and the Prison camp area.  Saw one Dolly released.  No other action.  Fished till 3 pm.  Water was in very nice shape and the weather was great.  A nice day to be out and about.  May try again wednesday. 
Will try to make the steelhead derby on the 14th. , just need to find someone to babysit.

Tight lines to all in the new year.

flyguy44

• who's a lama
Re: Vedder Dec.30
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 01:27:15 PM »

Thanks for the report fishman 1 . I'm thinking about tossing some flies in the lower end tommorow but I haven't seen the water down there this year   any input would be apreciated  :)
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

allwaysfishin

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 01:32:33 PM »

i will be hitting it up bright and early tomorrow as well as my new years day tradition calls me once again. Will probably pull an allnighter seeing as it's new years and I'll have some 50 plus people over feastin and drinkin ;D . The lower has some decent flywater for sure, the river may have changed, but there are lots of ggod spots where the flow suits a fly

fishman1

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:12:05 PM »

Flyguy.  There is lots of nice fly water in the lower end.  You could start around Lickman but I would make sure you fish from the Yarrow side of the river as there is easier access and more room for the backcast. Hope you get into some.

flyguy44

• who's a lama
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:48:43 PM »

thanks guys . your right about fishing the yarrow side Fishman .  Sounds like a go .  Happy new years all. I too can't remember the last new years day I wasn't fishing somewhere.  :)
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 05:46:59 PM »

I will be taking the fly rod out tomorrow as well. Most likely by myself as Bigsteel still has not called  ??? :-* ;D ;D . Will be fishing mid to lower so I will have to keep my eyes open for you.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

fishonsteelheader

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 07:40:47 PM »

hey guys fished the lower canal Friday just down from Keith willson the water is very good and there
was a new deep run that will hold good fish. This water would be killer on the fly. Will be at the river on Monday fly fishing form the train bridge and work my way up. I was told that fishing the tail out is the best with the fly see all you fly guys there.  ;D
love to fish.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 07:41:18 PM »

can only mean one thing 0-7  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day