Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2009?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 107770 times)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

Any one out today? tuesday...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Any one out today? tuesday...
I did not wet a line but visibility around 2 feet in the Lower. Saw a few anglers out including two older anglers bar fishing while they were sitting in their vehicles.

Raining now but snow level way down on the local mountains.

rides bike to work

Fished the lowere river today near yarrow lost 2 coho on spinners and watched a lady land a huge coho must have been near 20pnd on roe to bad it was wild. river is running high though and if it warms up at all the snow melt will blow it out.

gman

I was out today - what a nice day.  :)

Lower/mid river had 2 feet visibility at best. Upper was very clear.

I only hooked one fish, a very bright female chum that I retained, but it seemed quiet overall.

marbles

I have friday off and was wondering whats my best chance of getting a bite or two ::)I assume its all but over for the salmon run this year?? :'(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I have friday off and was wondering whats my best chance of getting a bite or two ::)I assume its all but over for the salmon run this year?? :'(
Still a chance of a fish on the Vedder, the good thing is you will see very few anglers out there and you can start checking out spots for an early steelhead. ;D ;D

Floater

• Old Timer

You could not be more right chris i was out on sat. Saw very little anglers but def knew some fish had to be around. After about 4 hours of fishing mid i took a chance in the upper. After a few casts with the spoon in a deeper pool i was rewarded with a chrome wild doe. The fish was very active when i brought it in due to the fact i hooked it very near the shore. So back it went before a pose for a photo for its own safety. The day was so beautiful with the fresh snow hanging all the way to the bottom of the mountains. Almost felt like i was fishing for some steel.

P.S. The water levels were a bit on the high side in lower but visibility was very good. The upper water levels were perfect! and the visibility was even better. Good enough for a coho ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:36:47 PM by Floater »
[

scotkemp

Re: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upda
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »

hey guys gonna head out to chilliwack tomorrow and head up close to the boundary hopefully its somewhat low and clear but anyone with a report from today would be helpful

milo

• Old Timer
Re: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upda
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »

hey guys gonna head out to chilliwack tomorrow and head up close to the boundary hopefully its somewhat low and clear but anyone with a report from today would be helpful

Don't waste your time.
It's totally blown and still rising.

Current hydrometric data at Slesse Creek:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 07:25:30 PM by milo »

scotkemp

« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2009, 04:49:41 PM »

well ive got this week off so i ventured out to the vedder checked a lot of spots like slesse creek mouth, allison, thurston and vedder crossing, and all spots were raging high water and chocolate milk with not even a mm of visibility, so like i was saying i was of work this week so any ideas of where  i could fish i was wondering if anyone knew how chehalis or stave would be never been there but i could try

yoda

checked out the vedder this morning and it was extremely high and dirty. saw no tails heading along the shoreline, as well it was also devoid of fishermen. then off to the chehalis and surprise, it's come down since yesterday but still bank to bank. the colour was getting greener. then off to suicide and that was bank to bank as well, but like the chehalis had come down a bit from yesterday and turning green as well. managed to hook 2 small hatchery cohoe jacks, let them go so maybe they could tell ma and pa to bite, but to no avail. all in all a great exploring day!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Needless to say is still high and muddy, once again it will be a different river out there when and if it drops. A long period of high water conditions of course will make many changes to runs from what we saw during the Fall fishery.

kingpin

• Old Timer

i cant wait...most of the lower looked like garbage.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water looked OK today, the faint smell of steelhead was in the air. ;D

costas

lol  ;D im soo excited for steelhead
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths