Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2009?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 107954 times)

lapetitebuse

I never buy floats, just pick up enough at the end of the season for next season. In december, I usually find enough to fill my pockets every outing :D

fishbuster

Has anyone been out today?  Just wondering about water condition.

Thanks

skunked

just got back about 1 ft vis was clearing up a bit more when i left was mid river

Nibbles

Was there until 2pm today and the river was high and dirty

scotkemp

under the vedder crossing bridge and at peach road today visibility was about 12-18 inches but the fishing sucked 

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman

Was at Lickman today - water seemed OK - lots of chum - very few coho - even less being caught.  :'(

Did manage to catch a pretty clean chum (plenty of silver on it) that has a reservation for the smoker...  :)
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

rides bike to work

Been fishing everyday aftrer work this week lots of chum but the coho seem to be winding down

gman

River is high, but water colour/visibility is great. As others mentioned lots of chum and not too many coho. No coho for me, bu the only other guy fishig the spot I was at had 2 nice ones.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions good and coho salmon success OK too.  ;D ;D  Complete report under fishing reports for today.

Fishnut-sparky

It's been a couple of days since the heavy rain.
The online water gauges look like the river has droped back down to where it was at the end of last week.
Has anyone been out in the last day or so.

I'm going to hit the river tomorrow morning.  I figure I'll start out up at the top end somewhere and work my way down tward Alison's pool.
or maybe fish between the canal and Vedder crossing.  How is the water looking today?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It's been a couple of days since the heavy rain.
The online water gauges look like the river has droped back down to where it was at the end of last week.
Has anyone been out in the last day or so.

I'm going to hit the river tomorrow morning.  I figure I'll start out up at the top end somewhere and work my way down tward Alison's pool.
or maybe fish between the canal and Vedder crossing.  How is the water looking today?
Fished the Lower this AM and conditions were very good but I could not repeat yesterday's success as all I could get was fresh run chum salmon. Lost 6 in a row before I landed one. Fighting the cold Rodney gave me  :-\ ;D so I did not stay out long.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Just got back from checking it and it remains in top shape. We have had some rain but at the moment it feels cool out with a slight drizzle.

One thing I noticed tonight serenity has returned to the Lower as there is hardly anyone on the flow.  When I drove the whole lenght of the canal dyke there was not one vehicle or person. I got out for a brief walk and all I heard was the call of the gulls and the splash of the odd salmon, sort of nice.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Chris was right, It truely was bare of fishermen out there. It was a peaceful outing, that was until I heard the crackling of bushes and a man carrying a bag of cans pop out of the bushes.
The Bigger The Better!

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Nice! I may head out there tomorrow. hadn't been fishing for a minute now!! Need a bent rod fix lol :)

so, defintately worth it eh?

I need to find some do chum's for some roe.

I believe its one chum? or two? haven't looked it up lately since i've not been fishing.
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Nice! I may head out there tomorrow. hadn't been fishing for a minute now!! Need a bent rod fix lol :)

so, defintately worth it eh?

I need to find some do chum's for some roe.

I believe its one chum? or two? haven't looked it up lately since i've not been fishing.
One on the Chilllwack Vedder. Some people earlier in the season had not checked and took two. Remenber if you are not sure check the regulations before you fish any body of water.