Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2009?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 107969 times)

rhino

• Old Timer

i assume is 1 and half foot is more then enough to fish right? I was thinking of going tomorrow and try to land a coho for the first time this year :P . Will you be out Hue-nut? Rod?Chris?Maybe see you guys on the flow. ;)

DionJL

• Old Timer

1.5' is a bit less than perfect in my opinion but still more than enought to get fish to bite. I wish I was up there.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

1.5 isnt great when you are fishing alot of water. But If you find a traveling lane, and know the fish are moving through, throw some roe on and keep flogging that lane, youll better your chances.
The Bigger The Better!

UFC

I was out today and got four hatchery coho. The fish were in very close to shore (you could see many of them with polariod glasses) and were moving all day. I went to two different locations and found a couple of seams where the fish were holding up before travelling through. The water was still quite high, which kept the fish moving, but has cleared enough to hook up with the fish.

devon42

i fished the river yesterday with like no visibilatly and saw about 20 hatch coho caught and i caught 2 of those, :) and most of them were all caught on wool so i dont think visibility is a big issue.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:07:41 PM by devon42 »

mattyo

i fished the river on yesterday with like no visibilatly and saw about 20 hatch coho caught and i caught 2 of those, :) and most of them were all caught on wool so i dont think visibility is a big issue.
::)

devon42

most of them seemed to be proporly short floating.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Devon, let me guess? were you fishing tamahi?
The Bigger The Better!

devon42

no , i was down lower river where it wasnt so wide

devon42

im not saying they werent flossing them but i did see some guys that were fishing proporly that had got into some fish

hue-nut

• Old Timer

i fished the river yesterday with like no visibilatly and saw about 20 hatch coho caught and i caught 2 of those, :) and most of them were all caught on wool so i dont think visibility is a big issue.

wool must be damn tasty :D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Hard to say without witnessing it first hand. You be the judge, keep in mind depth of water and the amount of float length, where there floats drifting drifting upright?

I was out on Sunday and fished up and down the upper mid River and everyone I saw was flossing..... Tamahi....
The Bigger The Better!

devon42

i did see a couple of floats almost sitting sideways while it drifted down. never knew why that happens as most of the time i am dead drifting. if thats the right term.. my float is straight up and down the hole drift. until i reel it in. but this is a little off topic so maybe we should get back to water conditions.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:55:37 PM by devon42 »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

i checked it out today...fished with roe...nadda...however, those so called 'wool' fishermen were slaughtering them (literally)...NOT ONE fish was hooked in the mouth.
funny how they were all bunched up fishing a section of the rapids where the fish had no where to go but between a narrow lane way close to shore...
i don't call it drift fishing when the drift is no longer than the length of their rods.

water condition is improving...level dropped a few feet...clarity is about 18 inches.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:02:58 PM by blaydRnr »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was a little better this evening, had a long day fishing, too tired for a complete report, may do that in the AM before I head out tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: devon42 

i fished the river yesterday with like no visibilatly and saw about 20 hatch coho caught and i caught 2 of those,  and most of them were all caught on wool so i dont think visibility is a big issue.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure why the coho are taking just plain wool and are avoiding some of the best roe one can have, maybe it is the Maple Leaf Drennan I am using. :-X :-\
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13