Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2009?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 107831 times)

scotkemp

is taht picture with the log floating down it of the canal where 2 days ago there was islands to fish from

CohoMan

• Old Timer

That is just below the KWB.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Well i think everyone should just go to the Return of the Salmon event being held at the fish fence on the Kanaka Creek.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Chris, I rarely fish the Vedder but I love days like today as there was little traffic on the river. Although I was skunked my partner landed seven fish in the chocolate milk conditions that were all fair hooked. I am always amazed when people say don`t bother going out fishing the river is blown and the fish can`t see your offering, I was witness again today at the myth of the fish can`t see your offering in a Timmie`s double double river.

Cheers
Nuggy
[/quote ]7 wonders of the world. ;D ;D

Every Day

• Old Timer

Nuggy Im sure you already know this.
Its not all about sight, if he was using roe they can smell it and colorados or spoons can be deadly right now because the vibrations piss them off.
Its also a case of where you fish... most people have no idea where to fish when conditions are like this, once you hook a fish, you won't believe where they sit.

Nuggy

Nuggy Im sure you already know this.
Its not all about sight, if he was using roe they can smell it and colorados or spoons can be deadly right now because the vibrations piss them off.
Its also a case of where you fish... most people have no idea where to fish when conditions are like this, once you hook a fish, you won't believe where they sit.

No guts used, if we had been using bait we probably would have been into a lot of fish. You get the gist of it Dan..

Cheers
Nuggy

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River mud and in the Canal area all Island are covered and nature has taken care of the fish that were holding down there. ;D

Robert_G

Just checked the river 10 minutes ago.
Water is high at the Vedder Bridge but there is definetely 6+ inches visiblity. Seen a few fish actually caught by short floaters.
The river is dropping, but not as fast as one might expect for the first major storm of season.

UFC

Were there many people down at the river in spite of the high water?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

There was hordes yesterday.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Wow, the high dirty water did very little to slow down the number of anglers on the river. There must have been a good 10 inchs of visibility along the edges at tamahi. I stopped to take a look at the circus at Tamahi and I couldnt believe the amount of coho being flossed out of this one little stretch, I was there 20-30 mins and saw a dozen hatchery coho bonked, even some foul hooked ones.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Wow, the high dirty water did very little to slow down the number of anglers on the river. There must have been a good 10 inchs of visibility along the edges at tamahi. I stopped to take a look at the circus at Tamahi and I couldnt believe the amount of coho being flossed out of this one little stretch, I was there 20-30 mins and saw a dozen hatchery coho bonked, even some foul hooked ones.
They just moved from the KWB area and the rapids are just another area to take fish by the way you mention. :(

I drove by the river near dark and it is starting to come around again which will be welcomed by those that seek their fish by making them bite. May be worth a boo in the AM. ;D

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone very much for the river condition reports... Please keep them coming!  :)

I'm taking my kiwi (New Zealander) buddy out salmon fishing on the Vedder for his second time ever this coming Friday/Saturday, and am hoping the water will clear up somewhat. 

Looks like there may be more rain on the way, so we'll have to wait and see I guess. 
:D
Tex

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Just got off the phone with Chris. Water visibility is at 1.5 foot this morning.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Just got off the phone with Chris. Water visibility is at 1.5 foot this morning.

thanks Rod, sorry I missed you the other day down in the Canal, Chris said that you fishing there, would have loved to meet you. maybe next time.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13