Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder April 05  (Read 1383 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Vedder April 05
« on: April 05, 2007, 01:04:24 PM »

Today I decided to hit my favorite part of the river as it looked like it had cleaned up and was fishable. Head out at 10 and was into a fish within the first half hour. I took a cast into a slow water pool and BAM I felt the head shakes and it ran off down river rolling and slapping the water all over. I chased him down river a bit into some more suitable landing water, but he decides hes not done yet and goes and hides in some white water, I let him rest for a second giving him the idea hes safe now, while I regain my ground and catch up. Once I caught up I started back up the tug-o war and brought the big doe to my hands. After having a good look it looked like a good 14 -15 pounder, beautiful and chrome. Great day to be out.
  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

Gooey

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder April 05
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 06:43:54 PM »

I too hit the river but had now luck.  The water was great, I fished so many spots that I figured must hold a fish...alas nothing.  I saw one hooked but that was it.  Fished mid to upper river...maybe 18-24inches mid river and 3-4 feet vis above the ranger slide.