Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Canoeman trip and fall  (Read 3183 times)

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
The Canoeman trip and fall
« on: August 21, 2004, 07:40:17 PM »

OK so heres my 1000 post, Rodney can you start me back at zero again?

So, where do I begin? got to the Peg Fri aft and met up with c mans bro and unhooked the tent trailer and busted out the cooler to finaly relax afer a long week 8)   ring ring off goes Bros phone and get the word that C mans car exploded around lickman :P  so off goes bro to pick him up.Hour later they show up and we set up the bar rods and take in the show. saw a few springs landed but no shake n bake socks ;D  Darkness falls but a few bouncers waited till probly 11 to give up ::)  Then low and behold a crew of FN drive up and put in their set net beside us and set up camp, fire and all.Sociable enough and lots of talk over the fire untill the protest was mentioned and that seemed to make them very defensive and unreceptive to our explations.Oh well they left in the A M.Woke up to a few members of FWR bar n it and more came later, was good fun and Draggin sawing his rod holder all day with the hack saw was better that any slapstick :o
Then came time for Cman to pick up his boy at the Best western in the 'Wack, only to bring back my truck five hours later with out the boy
 :(. shoulda taken my jacket out of the truck as I spent those 5 hours gettin soaked, did see the protest though and I hope they get their message across.All in all it was a tough weekend  for C man but fun to meet some more members and see the protest as well.
And oh ya my bail spring broke too ::)
time to buy a real reel.Needless to say we cut the trip short and headed for home after all the fun we had :P
see yall next time.

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
Re:The Canoeman trip and fall
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 09:17:25 PM »

tripped fell but im back on my knees  ;)
thanks to everyone who came by met some more members that was cool
the FN thing was cool, traded smoking recipies, learned about some of there concerns too, but the whole small pox issue was a dead giveaway to call it a night or morning as the case may be  ;D
my son made it home thanks to the effort of a very generous comanding officer
i missed the protest but did get to meet bill and chris in the parking lot of there secret hideaway  ;D which as it turned out was where my son was SUPPOSED to be dropped off  >:(

for anyone whos interested there is a 1980'ish pontiac J 2000 station wagon in the parking lot of the feed store just south of the hiway on lickman rd exit  free for the taking all i require back is the plates and the battery  :P

really sad i missed the whole bar rod holder assembly thing did anyone take pics  ;)

thanks to everyone for helping to clean up in the pouring rain  man that was bad weather even for a duck lol

until next time hahaha   cnm out
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 05:52:50 PM »

They were too busy laughing to take pics :D

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 09:43:34 PM »

yeah i forgot to tell leadbelly where the camera was lol
thanks for showing DS we only met for 1/2 hour
but it was well worth it, also meeting fulcram, fishon next time bring coffee lol
flyguy44, bantom 50 better late than never  ;)
if i forgot anyone my deepest apologies

i think an annual event is in the process, now we just gotta get mother nature on side lol

the other cool thing was when we were doing the whole sattelite spotting thing on friday night, and i spotted 3 sats in formation traveling north to south within 1/2 " of each other  going in the same direction. ok maybe a few hundred "K" of each other but all 3 together that was cool ;D 8) 8) 8)

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 10:22:36 PM »

fairly slow same as other sats ive seen
everyone else spotted them once i pointed them out
so i wasnt seeing things yet lol
but still very freaky   cnm