Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anyone know anything about drainage?  (Read 4144 times)

Alex015

anyone know anything about drainage?
« on: August 20, 2004, 09:16:29 PM »

helpin my mom make a drainage system for her new patio in the back yard... put together the O drain pipes (Big O's, Non-perforated) and the T-Connectors and the Elbows... seems easy enough, tested it out... YAY LEAKS.  not huge leaks but it's still leaking anyone have any ideas???

otto

Re:anyone know anything about drainage?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 09:46:39 PM »

did you sand and apply ABS or PCV glue to the portion of pipe that slides into the connectors???

if you did'nt they will leak......

are you close to vancouver??   ( i have a truck and some experience in plastic drainage systems...can maybe help on Sunday.....)

PM me if you want a hand..........

EDIT: sorry i forgot to ask...is this drainage PCV tuning or are you talking about rain gutters along the edges of the patio??????
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 09:47:53 PM by otto »

Alex015

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 10:27:06 PM »

hey otto!!! thx, but my mom went and already ordered the concrete for tommorow.... seh thought we would be finished in time so i dunno what we're gonna do... but ehre is waht the stuff is pretty much:

http://www.prinsco.com/page.cfm?ID=10

mom tried the pvc glue, didnt fair too well...

ok, here's what i've done... i dug a little ditch along side of the existing concrete and laid the drainage pipes onto a bed of gravel and connected everything... tested it out, and leaking from the connections

thanks for your help otto

otto

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 10:35:32 PM »

ah if it is the corrugated tubing your using then there is some leakage always expected...............i would'nt worry about it unless you got like 500 liters a water pouring out!!!   ;D ;D :D :D

i am used to drainage systems that are made from the white PCV tubing...............have'nt worked with corrugated at all.....

good luck!!!! 8)

Alex015

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 10:43:30 PM »

ohhhhhhh alright thanks a lot!!! i didnt think it was a big deal because it was just a bit of dripping into the drainage agregate, but my mom thought it would cuase cracking in the concrete.  i think the pre-tensioned rebars will be good enough.  thanks a lot for your input otto, i appreciate it

otto

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 10:46:08 PM »

hey no worries....i am a problem solver in a wide variety of fields.....

8)

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2004, 05:01:09 PM »

It's not the dog's fault. Blame the neighbour.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 05:07:29 PM by Rodney »
"One man of courage makes a majority"

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 02:58:21 PM »

Save them up somewhere you wont be affected by the smell, then give them back at christmas, they'll get the point.