Fishing in British Columbia > General Discussion

fishing line

(1/3) > >>

Neat Freak:
This may be a somewhat stupid question, but here it goes...
How do you wrap fishing line on a reel? This is my first complete season of fishing and I've always had line spun onto the reel at a tackle shop. It's quick, sure, but costly. Is there a certain technique I should know? It seems to be pretty straightforward, but before I try, please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanx a lot. :)

Fish Assassin:
http://www.tnoutdoorsmen.com/knots.htm

Start by attaching your line to your reel with an Arbor Knot then reel your line onto your reel under tension

DaN ThE MaN:
i actually use the 1st section of the rod then feed the line through the eyeholes tie a knot to the reel then reel i find this much easier...hope this helps :D

FishKid:
  Tie the loose end of the line to the spool with an arbor knot.

Matt:
When you're reeling line off the refill spool, what ever you do, DON'T just let the line peel off from from the refill spool (like what happens when line is released from a spinning reel)- this causes MASSIVE line twist and will frustrate you beyond belief when your out on the water.  Instead, jam a pencil through the hole in the center of the refill spool and get a friend to hold the pencil and spool while applying a little pressure to the rim of the refill spool (to prevent overruns and to spool the line on to the reel tightly).  Respool the reel until the line fills the spool to within a milimetre of the rim on a baitcaster and maybe 3mm on a spinning reel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version