Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cap mouth June 30th  (Read 4289 times)

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Re:Cap mouth June 30th
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 02:11:42 PM »

The way I see it is that on the outgoing tide, any fish in the river part and at the mouth, the water level drops, and fish are more "congested", and you can cover more fish with a single cast...or at least that's my logic.  :D
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 02:16:11 PM »

The way I see it is that on the outgoing tide, any fish in the river part and at the mouth, the water level drops, and fish are more "congested", and you can cover more fish with a single cast...or at least that's my logic.  :D

ok, that explains low tide being better.

I have since done some reading, and as far as fishing during tide (or around tide) vs. fishing when the tide is not happening.... this is what I read:

"A: Joseph, when we talk about fishing the tide change what we're referring to is one hour before to two hours after the high or low water period. The reason fishing is better then is salmon don't like to expend any more energy to capture food then necessary. During the high and low tide changes salmon can feed when there is little or no current to contend with making it less work to attain the same amount of food. Capt. John"

Of couse, I have also read just the opposite of the above ??? ::) ??? ::)

wmz913

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 04:42:09 PM »

Could anyone tell me the exactly location that you fish around Cap Mouth?  Where do I park my car?...thanks

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 04:44:42 PM »

Park your car at Ambleside. You can fish Ambleside, along the West Vancouver shoreline and the mouth of the Cap

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 04:46:13 PM »

Could anyone tell me the exactly location that you fish around Cap Mouth?  Where do I park my car?...thanks

I like to know too.  AND I have heard that you can fish from the East side of the river (next to the native land), and that area is much nicer for fly fishing (more elbow room to cast from shore).  Instructions to get there is also appreciated.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2004, 05:35:34 PM »

You do NOT want to fish on the east side of the river. That's Indian land and they will let you know in no uncertain terms. Stay on the west side and you should be OK. If in doubt just follow the crowd.

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2004, 10:26:30 PM »

When I walk out onto the bar at the mouth of the Cap, you see lots of flounder swimming away from you in about 2 ft of water, so you may want to give that a try.

Also, low tide at spanish banks exposes some great sand bars, I've never seen anyone fishing from them, but that isn't to say that there aren't any fish, just watch your casts because it can be quite crowded. The tides right now are insanely low, so you may want to give it a try some time soon, this is what the tides look like right now, http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/van

Post to tell us all how it goes.

Spuncote, can you catch the flounders without wading?  Ain't got my wading gear yet.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2004, 08:30:13 PM »

how big were they

weeeeeeeeeow!