Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen on the fly June 30th  (Read 2822 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Buntzen on the fly June 30th
« on: June 30, 2004, 09:39:26 AM »

After a dissapointing day at ambelside me and adanac wanted to reedeem ourselves. so we headed out to buntzen with the_roe_man is my 14 foot aluminum. on the way out adanac decides to wet his line not expecting to catch anything. So he put it out there and withing 5 minutes he had a fish on. not a bad fish, a rainbow of 13 inches. soon enough we hot to the secret spot. Within another 5 minets roe man and adanac both had fish hit there flies but no hookups . on the next pass Fisher landed a 12 incher . after that it was fish after fish after fish. we ended up landing close to 20 trout, 11 inches being the smallest of them all and the biggest being a 14.5 inch beauty by Adanac. all the fish were caught on a olive beadhead woolybuggers, nymphs and  dock spratleys. by the way this was all from 6 to closing time(about 2 hours)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 05:12:40 PM by Rodney »
weeeeeeeeeow!

spring_killer

Re:Buntzen on the fly
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 01:10:10 PM »

Well done, you actuallly did redeem yourself ;D

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
Re:Buntzen on the fly June 30th
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 05:25:11 PM »

After a dissapointing day at ambelside me and adanac wanted to reedeem ourselves. so we headed out to buntzen with the_roe_man is my 14 foot aluminum. on the way out adanac decides to wet his line not expecting to catch anything. So he put it out there and withing 5 minutes he had a fish on. not a bad fish, a rainbow of 13 inches. soon enough we hot to the secret spot. Within another 5 minets roe man and adanac both had fish hit there flies but no hookups . on the next pass Fisher landed a 12 incher . after that it was fish after fish after fish. we ended up landing close to 20 trout, 11 inches being the smallest of them all and the biggest being a 14.5 inch beauty by Adanac. all the fish were caught on a olive beadhead woolybuggers, nymphs and  dock spratleys. by the way this was all from 6 to closing time(about 2 hours)

Fisher, excellent!! Without giving away your location, what kind of conditions you recommend:  drop off?  Bay?  What depth?

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 10:00:03 PM »

we were working the farend of the lake about 50 feet from shore. we got alot while passign where they dump water into the lake
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 10:00:43 PM by FISHER »
weeeeeeeeeow!

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 10:07:32 PM »

we were working the farend of the lake about 50 feet from shore. we got alot while passign where they dump water into the lake

Fisher. Thanks!  Sorry one more question: do you need a motorboat for that.  I have an inflatable boat.  Can I reach that.  Seems far! :(

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 11:17:48 PM »

Thanks, Adanac.  That might work.  My darn inflatable does not go in a straight line, so what you said is the only option... but I supposed there should be some decent fishing closer to the beach (South side).  I am not into dragging the boat all the way there.

_Ivan_

• Fish for life. <*)))))>(
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 10:09:49 AM »

thanxs for the report. I was there couple of weeks back but i only cought squwa fish because i had no boat and we were fishing near the dam. using spoons and spinners and sometimes tryed a flot.
"Damn coho they're hard to catch." <*)))))>(

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 06:51:39 PM »

Fisher and Adanac tend to bend the truth if you know what i mean ;D  That one fish was a nice 13 inch or so, not 14.5. :P  Ivan, when you say dam do you mean the power house past the hatchery net pens?  One of the main reasons we go to the far end is to get away from boat traffic and the people swimming.  Fishing is also real good at the close end too.  The rock rock point is good and along that one side.  The bays by the net pens are also good.
I like ROE

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 06:55:21 PM »

Fisher and Adanac tend to bend the truth if you know what i mean ;D  That one fish was a nice 13 inch or so, not 14.5. :P  Ivan, when you say dam do you mean the power house past the hatchery net pens?  One of the main reasons we go to the far end is to get away from boat traffic and the people swimming.  Fishing is also real good at the close end too.  The rock rock point is good and along that one side.  The bays by the net pens are also good.

Roe_Man:  Any places more "accessible" (i.e. without a nice boat) closer to the South beach?

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 07:01:20 PM »

I used to fish just between the islands.  I used to just do big cirlces their.  I have caught cutthroat, kokanee, rainbows and squaw fish doing this.  
I like ROE

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 07:38:05 PM »

I used to fish just between the islands.  I used to just do big cirlces their.  I have caught cutthroat, kokanee, rainbows and squaw fish doing this.  

Thanks, Roe_Man.

_Ivan_

• Fish for life. <*)))))>(
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 07:48:12 PM »

yeah the power house thats wat i mean by dam.  :)
"Damn coho they're hard to catch." <*)))))>(

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 01:52:51 PM »

Roe man that fish was not 13 more like 14. Roe man is just jealous that he cant catch many fish when we go out. Also at buntzen the dock is really good right now. I was there yesterday and hooked into 5 trout in an hour.Im not joking.Ask Adanac or Roe man. Using floating power bait. Gonna go back out tonight around 6 till 8:30. Any one care to join.If you come ill be there. O ya and Adanac will be there too. SSSSSSSOooooooo come along and catch some nice trout.
weeeeeeeeeow!