Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hole in the wall  (Read 2032 times)

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
Hole in the wall
« on: February 25, 2005, 01:44:30 AM »

Fished hole in the wall for 6 hrs on tuesday tryed spoons hootchies all differrent depths no takers a few boats in the area but no action . Used flashers with my presentation. Great day to be out there calm & warm. What a joke sewalls marina is you pay 8$ to use there launch then 8$ more to park your truck and 8$ more for your trailer.To top it all off i come in at three in the afternoon to pull the boat and there loading a barge at the ramp i end up waiting an hour for these clowns. Never again will i use there facilities . I rather use the Ambleside launch the only free one thats left. The sounder was showing the odd fish around 250 feet or deeper all huging the bottom .When i got home there was my issue of sport fishing bc in the mail. It had an article on targetting the feeders out in the harbour very informative. Going out this weekend to give some of there tips a try. Waiting for the ooligans to start and the Sturgeon fishing to heat back up. Untill then target these winter feeder springs . After the incredible fishing out in port renfrew this summer this will be tough to take . Renfrew was non stop action some days you could't even get your riggers down and fish on.Can' t wait till august when the west coast is on fire again will post if i get any on the weekend.   

sassyboy

• Mining for Chrome
Re: Hole in the wall
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 02:49:31 AM »

nice post, good to hear a salt report.  :D

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
Re: Hole in the wall
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 08:18:34 AM »

Travel 5 more minutes north and launch at Sunset.  Sewells is a rip off.  Have the done anything to improve the ramp.  Last time I launched there (some 5-6 years ago) the ramp looked like it had no improvements since 1895.  Fishing can be good right in front of Sunset as well.  Pick up the current issue of BC Outdoors.  There is a good article about spring fishing in Van. harbour.  Ambelside is good for launching this time of year because you'll be one of only 2 or 3 boats.