Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: favorite sock-specific bar?  (Read 2378 times)

andrew5

favorite sock-specific bar?
« on: August 27, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »

Hi all,

not looking for any "secret" spots, or even hike-in areas away from the normal, well-known bars here.

With the springs, coho and coskeye all favoring different waters, which of the many bars do you think is the best specifically for sockeye. Feel free to account for crowds and accesibility, as all this plays a role in the overall scheme of that "preferred" bar for us all.

Pegleg may also have dropped a couple notches because of it being more difficult to wade to this season.

Which is the best?

Cheers,

Andrew

Gooey

• Old Timer
Re: favorite sock-specific bar?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »

Pegleg may also have dropped a couple notches because of it being more difficult to wade to this season.

Thats why you absolutely must jam in right on the corner with the other 200 numb nutz down there...wouldnt want to get your feet wet after all  :D

alan

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:16:44 PM »

With the size of the run for sockeye this year....25 million to be exact.  You should be able to bang them up from any bar.  Just remember there's going to be crowds no matter where you go

island boy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »

all this talk about crowds and combat fishing. i've been out alot and the places i go to in the chilliwack area are not crowded and crazy. where is this all happening?
you kill it, you clean it.

alan

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 05:05:49 PM »

all this talk about crowds and combat fishing. i've been out alot and the places i go to in the chilliwack area are not crowded and crazy. where is this all happening?
Maybe you should let us know about those spots you go to then... ;)

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »

Agreed, sometime a walk up around the corner and you will have 500 feet of beach to yourself....... gotta love the sheep. ;)
always a student

Toprod

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 09:22:03 AM »

Agreed with above, a 25 minute walk is sometimes all it takes to find solitude.