Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Main purpose of the vedder pools  (Read 4416 times)

oddjob

• woof woof
Main purpose of the vedder pools
« on: October 09, 2004, 05:23:10 PM »

What is the main purpose of the pools on the vedder ??? ??? ??? .Now that the river is higher and dirtier ,will the cohos seek cover in the pools to as they say clean their gills? Has anyone been to the pools ? Several years ago when they first made the ponds the cohos werejumping at first light,it was very productive for the fly fisherman .

joedavis

• I'm a llama!
Re: Main purpose of the vedder pools
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 06:55:51 PM »

Gravel extraction during a construction boom = mega bucks. Also it's probably a good resting hole for fish and a good fishing hole for fly and spinner chuckers. Maybe flood control for Yarrow. Maybe they got rid of some of the gravel bars so guys don't drive their ATVs on them. Any number of reasons, I reckon.

badboi

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 12:04:01 PM »

where can we find out where these pools are?

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 05:52:13 PM »

there is one pool where the old pond site used to be. one pond at the old meat hole. one near the tressel bridge. i have been told there are 5 of these ponds on the vedder.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 09:28:29 PM »

You might as well be speaking greek... I've never fished lower than peach road.   ;D
Only fishes good old Fulcrum Country. ;D

Buckeye

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 04:29:15 PM »

Trying to keep gravel out of the canal area so the dykes are not breeched in that '100 year flood' we keep hearing about.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 08:28:51 PM »

Trying to keep gravel out of the canal area so the dykes are not breeched in that '100 year flood' we keep hearing about.
Its all about money and they use the flood scare to enable them to take out the gravel without that much flack.

It may help some but if she is going to flood it will as all you need on the Vedder is a large snow pack in November to January combined with a few days of heavy rain brought in by the Pineapple Express.