Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Feb.24  (Read 2594 times)

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
Vedder Feb.24
« on: February 24, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »

Low and clear but still some fish to be had thats for sure. Started at 7ish and started at mid and landed a dolly around 3 pounds(my dad caught it ::) ) ended up in the lower and I had one for a breif moment. Saw a hatch taken and 2 wilds released one around 15 pounds. All caught within 5 mins of each other. The fact remains I've still yet to land a steel but I am getting closer ;) How did everyone else do.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Vedder Feb.24
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »

Sounds like everyone else got squidly. :-\ Well I got tomorrow off and it's time to join the line dancers at the Keith Wilson and strut my stuff. I'll be the guy wearing bellbottom hipsters.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »

This morning I was definatly off my game. No fish. Good to hear others did better.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 12:23:39 AM by Rodney »
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

CohoKiller5

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:35 PM »

ill be out there tomorrow hoping for my first vedder river steelhead...  I had a nice one on for about 3 seconds today up near wilson.  Did some hard headshakes and popped the hook.  Had another hit about a hour afterwards.

Hoping for better luck tomorrow.

coho_killer

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 12:29:03 AM »

ill be out there tomorrow hoping for my first vedder river steelhead...  I had a nice one on for about 3 seconds today up near wilson.  Did some hard headshakes and popped the hook.  Had another hit about a hour afterwards.

Hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Well if your gonna use a handel like the one you are using i hope your a better steelheader than i am! lol I'm 0 for who knows this year for steelhead bring on the coho! :)  Finally someone with a decent hander on FWR ! ;D

CK
Wild fish don't do drugs!

CohoKiller5

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:42:53 AM »

lol i figured there would be other "coho killers" out there lol

Well hope to see some people out on the river this week!  Im from kamloops and i frequent the river quiet often as my fiance's parents live 5 minutes from yarrow on boundry road.  Would be nice to meet some of the people posting in the forum.

I was scouting a bit on the river... still trying to find new spots.  I started this morning about couple km's above KWB, with no luck.  Tried the spay rod for a bit with no luck as well.

Hopefull wilson will be more productive as i seen 3 fish landed up there today.

If you see two bigger guys, both drift fishing and maybe one of us spay near wilson say hi! 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:45:21 AM by CohoKiller5 »

CohoKiller5

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 12:40:21 PM »

Well went for a sorta rainy day on the chilliwak yesterday....  Had a good day.  I hooked 5 fish, and had one on up in tamahi (big brute of a steelhead)  Probably +15lbs!!.  Me and my friend were being adventourous and jumped up on the big rock in the middle of the bolder runs.  Well I hooked a big steelie and played it from the rock for about 5 minutes till it tired.  Then we had to figure out a way to keep the fish on and try and get down from the rock.  We managed to teamwork the rod off the big rock and got down and still had the fish on.  Had the big guy almost to the shore (within 5 feet), noticed the clipped adpose fin..... and it decided to make one more run out into the the river.  Unfortunaly right into a stuck branch on the river bottom.  Got tangled up good and i couldn't get it untangled.  Unfortunalty the fish was not into waiting around for me to untangle him so he gave a quick headhake and popped my #2 gammy out.

CRY CRY CRY!! FEET AWAY FROM LANDING MY FIRST VEDDER/CHILLI STEELIE!! NOOO

oh well, always next time  IT was a AWSOME fight tho.  One of the best of my life!  Fish gave me probably 5 or 6 line stripping runs off that big rock!