Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jigs on the Fraser??  (Read 9507 times)

whereismyfloat

Re: Jigs on the Fraser??
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »

Langley has them.

I also noticed that Hatch Matchr in Maple Ridge sells them. I was there on Tuesday and they had stock. If you're going to the Stave you could stop in on your way there.

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »

Big fan of the Bent Rod's jigs, caught lots of pinks on them and have caught several chum in the last week including my first fish on the Cap today. Someone told me to give them a little more slack line than in a standard drift as it helps with the action and it seems more effective. Haven't had any problem setting the hook as they just hammer them! Still trying for a coho on the jig.
Nick

bateman

• paintings of fish and nature
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 10:26:01 AM »

bent rod jigs are great. i think you can buy them at berry's bait and tackle in richmond.
paintings of fish and nature:
http://www.folkart-levin.com

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 10:45:27 AM »

Posted by: nickredway

Big fan of the Bent Rod's jigs, caught lots of pinks on them and have caught several chum in the last week including my first fish on the Cap today. Someone told me to give them a little more slack line than in a standard drift as it helps with the action and it seems more effective. Haven't had any problem setting the hook as they just hammer them! Still trying for a coho on the jig.
Nick

I have caught plenty of cap coho on jigs, especially the jacks.  However I generally am reeling in the line while jigging as my gear doesn't work well for float fishing/drifting.  Find a nice place there where you can see the bottom and if there's coho you will see them hunt down your jig.

I think the marabou jigs have most of the action on the dead drift or when they stop and go where the rubber tails have most of the action when they are moving...

Jace

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 12:51:41 PM »

I have always caught Pinks om jigs with my spincaster during the run, just a pink jig.
then while fishing the stave i was using roe with no luck, so i switched to a jig with a float.
First cast fish on, they work great

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »

Those jigs are also available at Pacific Angler
Take the T out of Morton.