Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cabela's waders question?  (Read 2897 times)

kindalonismo

Cabela's waders question?
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »

Hi guys,

Heading to Seattle and am going to stop by Cabela's in Lacey tomorrow morning.

Looking to buy some breathable waders and boots from them, anyone have any recommendation on make or models to get and/or to stay away from?  ???

Always great information on this site and wanted to get some feedback.  Thaks guy! ;D

Nitroholic

Re: Cabela's waders question?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:06:52 AM »

Can't go wrong with Simms G3/G4

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:24:39 AM »

Budget?
Without knowing how much you are willing to spend, it's hard to dispense advice.
You may be spending anywhere between 150-800 bucks for boots and waders. It all depends what budget group you belong to.

In a nutshell, but the most expensive you can afford.
When it comes to these items, quality and price usually go hand in hand.

mr.p

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »

I highly recommend the Cabelas Guide Tech breathable stockingfoots.  The most durable waders I have ever owned.  I purchased them for around $200 and used them heavily for 2.5years.  Hiking, bushwacking, rockclimbing...you name it....i put these waders through hell.

I have since owned Simms for twice the price and haven't had a pair last longer than 6months without leaking. 
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

kindalonismo

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »

I highly recommend the Cabelas Guide Tech breathable stockingfoots.  The most durable waders I have ever owned.  I purchased them for around $200 and used them heavily for 2.5years.  Hiking, bushwacking, rockclimbing...you name it....i put these waders through hell.

I have since owned Simms for twice the price and haven't had a pair last longer than 6months without leaking. 

Thanks Mr.P, just what I was looking for.  I was thinking in the $200 to $300 range.

Any other thoughts guys?  Thanks Milo and nitroholic for the the feedback too!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:39:59 PM »

Im with Mr.P on the Cabelas waders. Im on my second pair and they have each gone 2 full seasons each if not more. Mine tend to wear in the crotch first before anywhere else. I have had several pairs of Simms (still have a pair as backups) and none of them lasted very long
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 03:41:06 PM »

i currently have milano breathables and they were $220 i think and have had them bout 3 montha and there holding up great and comfy
bef0re them i had a cheap pair of coachman breathables (light beige colour) and they only lasted from september-jan then the seams on the legs on both sides blew out and they were super leaky and i was getting soaked. and boy its cold in -5 when your jeans under your waders look like they just came out of a washing machiene.
also had a few more pair of waders before but they were neos.
it really also helps to put a big pair of socks over the feet or your waders so if any gravel gets into your boots it wont do anything, and also prevents rubbing.
as for my boots i have had a pair of coachmans for probly 3-4 years and there still going strong but the right lace looks like its about to break, but i need new boots as there to small now. theseboots only cost about $60. and i am very happy with them.
and i do alot of walking in my waders and hiking and bush waking
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 03:44:09 PM »

forgot about boots  ::)  I would go with Simms boots after you save all that money buying Cabelas highest end waders (i would go with their best ones which are the Guidetech)

I wear Simms guide boots and love them, very comfy with lots of room for my wide feet and being leather they will last for a long while  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

lapa

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 08:26:47 PM »

I recommend the Patagonia  waders.  I purchased mine for 270$  five years ago and still using them.

kindalonismo

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:05:55 PM »

Thanks so much for the great feedback guys! Looking forward to the quick road trip tomorow! ;D