Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal boundaries???question???  (Read 1754 times)

curt j

Tidal boundaries???question???
« on: August 26, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »

Can anybody tell me how far upriver the tidal/freshwater boundaries are on the Conuma and the Gold rivers on Van Isle?
Can't seem to find anything like I can for the Pitt or Fraser for either of those 2 rivers in particular. Is there a general distance that applies to all unlisted rivers??Am I missing something when reading both the fresh and tidal regs?? Can someone please help??

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Tidal boundaries???question???
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »

Unless otherwise specified, the tidal boundary is a straight line drawn between the two most seaward points of land located on either side of the mouth of a river or stream. A tidal boundary may also be designated by a fishery officer by placing a triangular sign near the mouth of a river or stream. Maps and descriptions of other specified tidal boundaries are at the back of this guide.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/definitions-eng.html?wbdisable=true

I take it land excludes any portion of the beach or shore than might otherwise be underwater at maximum tide.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »

Can anybody tell me how far upriver the tidal/freshwater boundaries are on the Conuma and the Gold rivers on Van Isle?
Can't seem to find anything like I can for the Pitt or Fraser for either of those 2 rivers in particular. Is there a general distance that applies to all unlisted rivers??Am I missing something when reading both the fresh and tidal regs?? Can someone please help??

Gold river has triangles. It's closed to all fishing in the tidal portions. Not sure about Conuma.

curt j

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 06:23:00 PM »

I was only using Gold as an example. Conuma is open from everything I can see. Will be fishing in the Kayak Salmon derby ont the long weekend and am just trying to find out ahead of time how far I could go up river and fish with my tidal Licence. I'm sure the staff at Moutcha will know.