Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Define locally  (Read 25749 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Define locally
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2020, 04:18:52 PM »

Eagle Island Resort where I am. You'd swear there wasn't any guidelines set out by the province up here.
You mean the request to avoid non essential, inter community, travel during the May long?

Yes, I would swear that the vacationers at Eagle Island Resort aren’t following the guidelines 😀

GordJ

« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2020, 04:29:15 PM »

You mean the request to avoid non essential, inter community, travel during the May long?

Yes, I would swear that the vacationers at Eagle Island Resort aren’t following the guidelines 😀
What are you saying? Pot,kettle? Lol
Or, upon reflection, troll?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:40:51 PM by GordJ »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2020, 04:57:08 PM »

Travel is allowed for an ESSENTIAL SERVICE. Fishing is essential under the governments recommendation. Nothing wrong with traveling for fishing.

poper

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »

Travel is allowed for an ESSENTIAL SERVICE. Fishing is essential under the governments recommendation. Nothing wrong with traveling for fishing.

Dude why stir the pot,Lol, seems like people want to just start arguments now a days lol.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »

catch and release angling as an essential service. Is that an example of post modern absurdity? ::)
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2020, 06:28:15 PM »

catch and release angling as an essential service. Is that an example of post modern absurdity? ::)

It's already been stated that hunting/fishing is essential for BOTH food and mental well being....but you were never on the side of the fishermen anyways.....

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2020, 07:39:07 PM »

It's already been stated that hunting/fishing is essential for BOTH food and mental well being....but you were never on the side of the fishermen anyways.....

BooM !

poper

« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2020, 07:43:38 PM »

I think you like looking at what you type and reactions your pretty funny, sure go fishing, get outside, be safe, I think you just sit at home and see what you can type to piss people off, I think Ralph should start a poll, for a few people to see if they need a time out.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2020, 08:01:43 PM »

I think there are a few people who can't see the humour in some things, but not much more than that.

No need for mob inspired censorship.

It's already been stated that hunting/fishing is essential for BOTH food and mental well being....

Very true RG... you do need to fish more.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:07:28 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2020, 08:10:09 PM »

I think you like looking at what you type and reactions your pretty funny, sure go fishing, get outside, be safe, I think you just sit at home and see what you can type to piss people off, I think Ralph should start a poll, for a few people to see if they need a time out.

You bitter about something?....and I did spend all last weekend fly-fishing the interior and took flak from this message board by some for it. Covid or not, I don't drive up the interior on the May long weekend. I'll be going back this coming weekend I think.

Anyways...not sure how long you've been around, but I've been posting on different sites with Ralph since the late 90s and after 20 years+ it's become obvious to me and to others (and in shorter time), that he is not on the side of the sport fishermen. He never has been. Many many people on different fishing forums have questioned his loyalties in the past and recently (not just me) and many of them will agree his loyalty is not with the sporties…..so when he makes a post like that....I like to remind him that he needs to question himself why he's even here when he could care less whether we ever get to fish again....regardless of the circumstance.

poper

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2020, 08:16:03 PM »

Ok your right, all good.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2020, 09:41:16 PM »

The guidelines are to hunt and fish LOCALLY (see..my all caps works too!). At it's most generous interpretation by the Province and BCWF, local has been described as same day travel and avoiding overnight trips.

The irony of you being on an overnight trip and saying that others at the resort were not following the guidelines was just too rich to pass up.

Many many people on different fishing forums have questioned his loyalties in the past and recently (not just me) and many of them will agree his loyalty is not with the sporties
I'm on some of the same forums and I don't recall the "many, many" people you speak of. I guess I need to read more closely...

Robert_G

« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2020, 09:45:25 PM »

I'm on some of the same forums and I don't recall the "many, many" people you speak of. I guess I need to read more closely...
Or just look up what 'loyalty' means.....

I'm not trying to make him look bad intentionally. He does it to himself. Reading his posts....I see a guy that could care less if the sports fishermen ever get a piece of the pie again.....how do you not see that?

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2020, 10:18:50 PM »

Or just look up what 'loyalty' means.....

I'm not trying to make him look bad intentionally. He does it to himself. Reading his posts....I see a guy that could care less if the sports fishermen ever get a piece of the pie again.....how do you not see that?

I’m familiar with the word.

I was unaware that “many, many people on different fishing forums had questioned his loyalties”. I wondered if that was an exaggeration, or if I was just not reading thoroughly enough.

Funny thing loyalties. Maybe he’s being loyal to (and consistent with) his own values. Isn’t that what we want? People to speak from their own values?  Who am I to dictate what his values must be and what he must be loyal to?

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2020, 10:39:57 PM »

The guidelines are to hunt and fish LOCALLY (see..my all caps works too!). At it's most generous interpretation by the Province and BCWF, local has been described as same day travel and avoiding overnight trips.

The irony of you being on an overnight trip and saying that others at the resort were not following the guidelines was just too rich to pass up.

Travel for essential services is ok. Let's not get things mixed up here folks. The is NOT a ban on travel or camping. Never has been. Don't take your anger out on people who actually have the ambition to go camping. You remeber what that was like right ? 50 years ago when you had the strength to do things ? Maybe not.