Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yikes! Chilliwack River September 30th  (Read 2474 times)

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Yikes! Chilliwack River September 30th
« on: September 30, 2005, 02:57:12 PM »

The river is in a mess I went up top to the meat hole to see if the water would be ok but still a mud bath..I did manage to get a 12 inch trout short floating roe in close to the shore..even the bottom draggers there did not have much luck ???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 02:58:50 PM by Rodney »

Floater

• Old Timer
Re: Yikes! Chilliwack River September 30th
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 03:33:38 PM »

I dont think it had much to do with the river condition as much as the fish havent reached that point yet. Some have ofcourse but alot of them were trapped and just got a good chance to move last night so maybe that was it.
[

gman

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »

Floater, the fish are there, you just can't catch them in mud...

I was fishing the lower Vedder yesterday, and when the visibility was reduced I drove up to see if it was better up top. Stopped at the Boundary/Limit hole and had a look. Talked to some guys there who had caught fish that morning - the fish were there. When I arrived Slesse was runnning brown and the mainstem was still OK. I didn't fish but saw some guys cast to the far side and even caught some in the clearer water. In the half hour I was there the main stem also turned brown and the river must have risen close to a foot. There were logs and trees coming down river.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 04:35:10 PM »

How can the river be that bad after one night of rain? I remember two years ago when we were getting a whole week of rain. I still fished and  got into springs and chum. Either way gona check it out this saturday and see whats going on.

Gman im talking about upper river near the hatchery and like i said obviously there are some fish but you can really believe that the bulck has moved up in one night? Sure people are gona say salmon take no time to move up but i daubt the majority are in upper after one night.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 04:37:58 PM by Floater »
[

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 04:45:18 PM »

so your saying I dont know what am talking about then?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 04:47:52 PM »

How can the river be that bad after one night of rain? I remember two years ago when we were getting a whole week of rain. I still fished and  got into springs and chum. Either way gona check it out this saturday and see whats going on.

It is the clay slide on Slesse Creek that is causing the problem and will most likely so so now after a heavy rain.
If anyone wishs to help out fix this problem a good way is to support the Chilliwack River Action Committee's fundraiser in October.

It is because of them and the work they did on the Slesse Slide and most recently the Tolmie Slide that had made the river cleanup lot faster since this work was completed over the last few years.

Now with the Slesse Creek Slide being opened up it will need attention as soon as CRAC can raise the needed funds.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 05:44:21 PM »

so your saying I dont know what am talking about then?
When did i say that? People are too touchy sometimes lol.
[

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 05:45:32 PM »

It is the clay slide on Slesse Creek that is causing the problem and will most likely so so now after a heavy rain.
If anyone wishs to help out fix this problem a good way is to support the Chilliwack River Action Committee's fundraiser in October.

It is because of them and the work they did on the Slesse Slide and most recently the Tolmie Slide that had made the river cleanup lot faster since this work was completed over the last few years.

Now with the Slesse Creek Slide being opened up it will need attention as soon as CRAC can raise the needed funds.
Yah i was wondering if they were gona do somethign about slesse creek mud. Im glad that something is atleast being started i hope it works out.
[