Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wow, what a great day!!! March 11th, 2007  (Read 3222 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Wow, what a great day!!! March 11th, 2007
« on: March 11, 2007, 05:36:27 PM »

Well, we all met at Reaction at the crack of dark...Damn these time changes!!! Was nice to be greeted by the fresh smell of falling water as your getting changed into your waders...Today, we decided to bring our own gong show and It was T.R. Merc and Leerch...errr Norm with us today...What a treat to spend some quality time with your buddies on such a delightful day!!!
Ahhhh as the darkness lifted it found us all enjoying cigars in the morning downpour....Nothing like hearing the "Hhhhissssss" of raindrops plopping on the cherry of your cigar and delighting in that sweet taste of wet tobacco on an empty stomach...
The water was a beautiful shade of brown with nearly some visability....The best part was we never had to wade to far cause the water was already up on the banks....
We spent a couple hours practicing casting over each other and laughing in glee while watching Merc unhook from another log or bottom in the tailout...the funny fellow!!!
Decided to head up up up river to the cement slab...Wow, was an incredable shade of brown it was, like a milk shake...Ymmmmm , we all decided that would taste great, so stood with our mouths open to the heavens and enjoyed natures gift!!!.
Finally, after collecting a few more logs from down river further we just couldn't stand being away from our loved ones and had to return home early...
Such a wonderful day, thanks guys, lets do it again real soon...

Good night now!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 07:35:41 PM by Rodney »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: Wow, what a great day!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 06:47:18 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Next time I am going with people that aren't scared of the rain  ::) ::)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 07:23:11 PM »

Sure it was cigars that you were smoking ? ;D

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 08:26:49 PM »

Hmmm...ABA, the dancing Queen basically got it right.  Vis in the lower started at 8" or so in the morning and dropped to <6" by day's end.   Upper was crap, mid was crap and the lower was crap.  We did get wet too.  And although I'm not scared of the rain, I do have enough sense to come in out of it when there's no fish to be caught!   ;D  Nice dry truck, Hawkins' cheezies and some good BS to pass the time while ABA, the Dancing Queen and TrophyHunter decided to have a contest to see who could get the wetest. Guess what!  You win guys!  ;D ;D  Didn't see too many guys out today, go figure.  Maybe a half a dozen cars parked along the roadside.  Did smoke some good cigars though, I have to say.  The only nice thing was traffic on the way home was a breeze despite the rain. And, even though fishing sucked I stilll busted a gut laughing hard.  Oh, and I make wicked sandwiches that rock! 
President Club S. C. & P.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »

Like Xgolfman said,what a great day out,got soaked and bs all the way ,had a great laugh.Nice to ran into you guys at the flow,so Fishfreak,how do you like your new centerpin rod.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 09:33:02 PM »

" Oh, and I make wicked sandwiches that rock!  "

yup!!! 7-11 T.O.  ;D

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 09:56:12 PM »

NO PICTURES ?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »

ahhhh, the wonderful addiction of fishin' ... ain't it great.   

the thing is... after you've dried off and got some rest and something to eat, you guys are probably gonna start planning for your next outting.

hardcore baby!  :)  can't wait for your next report...thanx

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »

ahhhh, the wonderful addiction of fishin' ... ain't it great.   

the thing is... after you've dried off and got some rest and something to eat, you guys are probably gonna start planning for your next outting.

hardcore baby!  :)  can't wait for your next report...thanx

Hell we were mad we had to leave...but two of us ( ::)) we're too wet and wanted to go home... :'(  My report was dripping in sarcasm....at least I was trying to make it that way...

Should have taken pic's of the wood coming down river....it's a weird feeling when sheeit keeps bumping into your legs etc...

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 01:54:59 PM »

Hey golfman, I guess you guys had the whole River to yourselves, am I right?  :)
The Bigger The Better!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »

Hey golfman, I guess you guys had the whole River to yourselves, am I right?  :)

lower river either was one other guy way down or a ferrel dog they are leaving signs out about...upper, once you hit the first "secret spot" had one truck...about 4 or 5 at allison and a couple or more each run up...We stopped at cement slab and there were about 8 vehicles there...the water was high and literally choc. milk...zero vis. a couple guys were fishing the shorelines but it was ugly and I don't know if you could have landed anything in that current...though I'm sure we'll hear of a couple "Yeah, we were into a few..they were colored though so we busted um off".... ::)

Upper actually looked worse then the lower yesterday...lower had maybe a foot..maybe less, should be perfect by friday if this weather holds....lots of new side channels and debris

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 04:15:39 PM »

Just took alook at peach, and water is way up with 0 viz. Do some people fish in these conditions? Just curious on how a fish acts in blown out water?
The Bigger The Better!