Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where to take the sports car flyfishing - Drawing a blank  (Read 1241 times)

SuperBobby

Where to take the sports car flyfishing - Drawing a blank
« on: September 17, 2022, 02:57:04 PM »

Yeah, strange topic, but this isn't normal for me and I'm drawing a blank. I will spare you the details on why I have to drive a sports car around the interior.
Short story is that next week with forecasted perfect fall flyfishing weather, I have to take our sports car on a round trip one of those days from the LM through Princeton to Osoyoos to Kelowna, to Merritt and then back the the LM. I have lots of options. I could also start in Kamloops to Merritt to Kelowna to Osoyoos to Princeton and home. The trip will also include a stop in Keremeos.

I don't have to go to Kamloops, but I can....regardless, there is lots of free hours to fish.

My question is I have never had limited access because of a sports car. I can fit my float tube and all my gear in it.
As for decent flyfishing lakes...the lake temps haven't cooled down much yet so I'm not sure anything under 4000 feet is going to produce much.
So far I've come up with Lac Le Jeune for really good fishing. I'm not asking for secret lakes as we all know that secret lakes are not accessible by sports car.
I normally take the 4runner so I don't usually even bother to think about how rough the roads are or not.
My car is brand new. Low profile tires. Will not go on FSR. No pinstriping whatsoever.....etc...etc...
Any suggestions???

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Where to take the sports car flyfishing - Drawing a blank
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 06:07:52 PM »

Lots of lakes are accessible from paved roads in the Lac Le Jeune and Logan Lake area. These include, Tunkwa, Leighton, McConnell & Stake. Others I can think of are Stump, Paul and Hefley. The final km or so of access road into resorts, parks and day use sites may be gravel. You can also look at the gofishbc.com website for other lakes.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 09:53:27 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 09:57:23 AM »

I should have also mentioned Corbett and Kidd Lake south of Merritt on 5A. Corbett is private but you can rent a lodge room, get breakfast and supper and fish the lake.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 10:56:14 AM »

Courtney Lake is an option right along the highway

SuperBobby

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 02:19:54 PM »

Corbett/Courtney and Kidd are good choices. I love fishing the 5A. I'm just concerned the nights haven't been cold enough to get the fish into 'fall' mode yet. It's been a very warm September so far.  Stump is too big for a float tube, but Stake Lake is interesting choice...

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 02:54:38 PM »

Courtney has a huge population of red sided shiners. I have fished Corbett many times in the fall and in my experience the fishing is good by this time of the year; I have experienced chironmids, mayfly hatches (small bugs) and water boatmen One day I encountered all .